1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

When In Rome ect, ect...

Discussion in 'Jokes & Humor (Clean)' started by tyndale1946, Jul 30, 2014.

1. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This story took place about 40 years ago. Deacon Thomas a friend of mine of our Baptist Church had a son, who left the church and married outside the baptist faith. Point of fact he married a Mormon woman and moved to Salt Lake City, Utah. Not long after that he got an invite from the couple to come for a visit. The deacons wife had already taken a plane and he would be coming by car. Not long after he crossed the state he was stopped by a policeman on a motorcycle. Was he speeding? He doesn't recall except the policeman said I constantly patrol this area and have not seen your car before. Talking to him while looking in the car, and seeing his bible on the seat, inquired what is your business in Mormon country? So my friend told him and he let him go on his way. Upon reaching his sons home his son asked him, "Dad did you have any problems getting here?" So he related to his son and his family the encounter with the patrolman at the state line. His son kind of chuckled and said "Dad, you know what they say "When in Rome, do as the Romans do!" So his son gave him the Book Of Mormon and said put this on your dashboard as soon as you hit the state line. When he related this story it was when a group of brethren were standing around shoot the breeze. Finally everything got quite then one of the brethren couldn't stand the suspense no longer. WELL DID YA?! DID I WHAT? answered Deacon Thomas? PUT THE BOOK OF MORMON ON THE DASHBOARD?! All the brethren said in unity. Shaking his head with a puzzled look said, ONLY GOD KNOWS! and I'm not at liberty to say.

#1 tyndale1946, Jul 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2014