1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured When is a person saved?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by seekingthetruth, Feb 26, 2012.

1. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

Here is a sample of what John is talking about:

My post and the response:

Originally Posted by revmwc
    God has elected those He knows will choose positively for Him. He did not determine they would be saved, He foreknew the choice they would make and Predestined them to be conformed to the image of His Son.

the response:
    You have just SOLIDLY placed MAN upon the highest throne, for God cannot act of His own accord unless or until MAN decides. Placed in the terms I just used that equates to blasphemy and everyone knows it -- which is why the arguments are convoluted and encased in nuance instead of plainly made

When we post contrary to the beliefs John is refering we get accused of Blasphemy. Giving man Volition the right to choose was God's choice, Predestinating man based on the choice He would make was God's Choice. So how did I "SOLIDLY placed MAN upon the highest throne for God cannot act of His own accord unless or until MAN decides." If God chooses to elect those He knows will positively choose for Him how does that make man upon the highest throne.

Christ atoning Sacrficed has paid for the unbelievers sin, yet that unbeliever refuses to act in accepting what Christ (God) has done for Him. God is willing to save that person, their sins are atoned for but they choose not to receive the payment. That means that person has chosen to die the second death, God did not choose it for Him. Have his sins been atoned for yes, so why would he be condemned to the Lake of Fire? Revelation 20: 15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

How does one get their name written in the book of life by receiving Christ. They have chosen to reject Him and their name isn;t found in the book of life, even though Christ has atoned for their sins, just as He did for the believers.
    God chose to make the way of salvation for everyone and God has given Direct Revelation as to what salvation takes, it is up to the individual to make that choice. God being omnicient knew the choice we would make and elected those of us who would make the positive choice. So why does one go to the Lake of Fire? Making the choice to reject.

The difference we accepted Christ finished work and that includes His payment for our sins.

2. jbh28

jbh28 Active Member

John, please answer these. This is what I'm talking about when I say you need to ask yourself your own questions.
    Why John? First, do you believe that God is all powerful and can do anything? If so, why can't God just forgive sin without an atonement?

3. seekingthetruth

seekingthetruth New Member

God doesnt require anything. Yes, He is Holy and just, but He didnt need to sacrifice Jesus so that He could forgive us.....He sacrificed Jesus so that we would accept his forgiveness.

John

4. jbh28

jbh28 Active Member

Sorry John, but God does require an atonement. This has nothing to do with Calvinism/Arminianism. What you just said isn't biblical at all. You have essentially made the atonement meaningless. It's not. It's payment for our sin, which was required. If no payment is made, God could not just forgive you. That's the Bible.

Romans 3:24-26 " Being justified as a gift by His grace through the redemption which is in Christ Jesus; 25 whom God displayed publicly as a propitiation in His blood through faith. This was to demonstrate His righteousness, because in the forbearance of God He passed over the sins previously committed; 26 for the demonstration, I say, of His righteousness at the present time, that He might be just and the justifier of the one who has faith in Jesus"

Galations 6:23, "For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord."

God could not just forgive sins per the Bible. He is holy and just and requires a just payment to be made.

5. seekingthetruth

seekingthetruth New Member

The whole point that I was making went way over your head.

John

6. DaChaser1

DaChaser1 New Member

when they have placed faith in the work/person of jesus to be their messiah, and at that moment sealed by the HS, and granted new nature, and justifed before God!

7. jbh28

jbh28 Active Member

Care to expound on that, or do you just want to keep it at the insult? Nothing went over my head. Maybe I misunderstood you. Please explain. My post very clearly was in response to what you said.

8. DaChaser1

DaChaser1 New Member

Jesus HAD to die on the Cross as sin bearer, as without the shedding of Blood, NO remission of sins!

9. jonathan.borland

jonathan.borland Active Member

that's why the most rational form of Calvinism eventually breaks down, in that since god is in control of everything and man nothing, then God is merely choosing himself through some individuals and rejecting himself through other individuals, and no one has any free choices because god has determined each choice beforehand. Not to mention god causes sin and we are automatons.

10. jbh28

jbh28 Active Member

That's not Calvinism at all... It's not wonder some people hate the doctrine. If this were true, I would hate it too.

11. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    When is a person a man saved?

What is man, that thou art mindful of him? or the son of man, that thou visitest him? Thou madest him a little lower than the angels; thou crownedst him with glory and honour, and didst set him over the works of thy hands: Thou hast put all things in subjection under his feet. For in that he put all in subjection under him, he left nothing not put under him.

What man was that written about?

Bear in mind, the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world (system).

The (A.) first man Adam was made a living soul; (B.)the last Adam [was made] a quickening spirit. Howbeit that not first which is spiritual, but that (A.) which is natural; and afterward that (B.) which is spiritual.

For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn (from the dead) among many brethren.

Chosen and called for the above and hoped for and as sure as the rising of the sun yet not yet realized. Saved as in being realized.

For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for? But if we hope for that we see not, [then] do we with patience wait for [it].

The best part: For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

12. Forest

Forest New Member

God foreknew before the foundation of the world that Adam would sin and bring that sin upon all mankind and knew that no natural man born into this world would seek him or make any choice to serve him, thats why God choose his elect people and gave them to Christ, that Christ would be a sacrifice for all those that his Father gave him (John 6:37-41) to reconcile them back to him. The eternal salvation of all of God's elect people was accomplished on the cross. We, God's elect, were eternally saved over 2000 years ago by the work of Christ on the cross.

13. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Adam's sin was not placed upon all men by his sinning in the Garden. Death was passed along, but not his(Adam's) sin. Adam ushered death into the world through his rebellion.

14. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Romans 5:12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

13 (For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law.

14 Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come.

You have it wrong Forest. Death was passed along by Adam's sin, and not Adam's sin.

15. Forest

Forest New Member

Is that all that you see wrong, by your thinking, of my comments?

16. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Its not my thinking. The scriptures state emphatically that death was passed upon all mankind because of Adam's sin. Adam's sin was not passed down to us, but the death sentence. Read Romans 5:12 again, and show me where his sin was passed down.

17. Forest

Forest New Member

Rom 5:19, For as by one man's disobedience, many were made sinners,

18. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    All sinned....it was a point action....at the moment Adam sinned ...we sinned
    he died, we died. he kept walking around though after he was dead...willis

Dead man walking.......

5Now she that is a widow indeed, and desolate, trusteth in God, and continueth in supplications and prayers night and day.

6But she that liveth in pleasure is dead while she liveth.

Looks like spiritual death :wavey:

19. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Adam was made from the ground, and then God breathed his soul into that "earthern vessel". When Adam sinned, he died spiritually(seperated from God, not a "flat linned" corpse), and the sentence of death was pronounced upon him, and all mankind. God told him that when he ate of the tree, that he would die. Adam ate, and he died. But, God did not lay him in a grave, did He? Spiritual death happened to him and Eve because of their sin. Later on, they died physically because of that sin.

We that come along now, have the sentence of death already placed upon us because of their evildoings. We died in Adam, which is our flesh, that is made in the likeness of Adam. We die spiritually when God imputes/accounts sin unto us.

IOW, we have the stain of sin in our flesh because we come from the post-fall cursed ground. Sin is in our flesh from birth. If sin is in our soul at conception, then sin comes from God. Our soul comes from God, and if it's already stained by sin from the very moment God gives us our soul, then God Authored that sin. Are you ready to concede this belief?

20. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

I do not disagree with spiritul deathness, just at the point when I believe it occurs. "In Adam" is our physical body, and not body and soul. God gives us our soul, so if our soul is already seperated from Him the very moment He places it in our physical body, then God Authored that sin.