1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

When is Enough, Enough? With a Transgender Homecoming Queen???

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by righteousdude2, Sep 22, 2013.

?
  1. Yes...

8 vote(s)
    72.7%
  2. No...

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
  3. Another sign that things are out of control in public education...

6 vote(s)
    54.5%
  4. Upsetting, but it is their choice!

3 vote(s)
    27.3%
  5. Not acceptable for tax paying Christians, who do not accept this behavior...

4 vote(s)
    36.4%
  6. It's not a problem with me [please explain]...

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
  7. The beginning of more to come....

8 vote(s)
    72.7%
  8. It shouldn't surprise any of us!

7 vote(s)
    63.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ...As you may, or may not know, California passed a law allowing school-aged kids, who do not identify with the gender they were born, to now participate in activities of the gender they identify with, and this includes using restroom and locker room facilities.

Well, a California student and his/her high school finally tested the waters, and found them friendly to their cause! Last night, they named a trans-sexual as their school's homecoming queen! This leaves me wondering if the class of 2014 will feel as joyously about this choice when they celebrate their 50th class reunion?

I have to ask what you, as believers first, Baptists second, feel about what our country is giving into in the name of tolerance and equality? Please keep in mind, this kind of behavior is being FUNDED by our tax dollars [local, state and federal].

SEE: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/21/transgender-homecoming-queen_n_3968729.html?flv=1

AND: http://www.latimes.com/local/la-me-0922-transgender-homecoming-20130922,0,4645022.story

#1 righteousdude2, Sep 22, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2013
  2. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Moved since it was posted erroneously in a Baptist discussion forum, not the current event/News forum

And no, brother, it does not surprise me to see this. Sadly. We've become accustomed to what God calls "evil" to be called "good" by the anti-God society in which we live.

3. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Why does everyone look to pick out California most of the time for these types of stories and act like they're some big liberal place at the heart of all this?

Where I live now, this would likely have not even made the news. Most of the stories that have people screaming "Look what's going on in California, they're so liberal and scary!" is just normal type stuff here in "oh we're so Republican and holier and thou" country. (gag)

4. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

More evidence of the church expecting the world to behave as the church should.

5. ktn4eg

ktn4eg New Member

Imagine something like this happening when Ronald Reagan was governor of California.

(.....And, no, I am not a Republican.....And I'm not a Democrat either. I absolutely refuse to identify with either of those parties!!)

6. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Same here KTN, everyone assumes if you're not one, you must be the other.
    It amazes me how few youngsters understand that there ARE more than two parties, and even the mysterious, unheard of NOT AFFILIATED. :smilewinkgrin: (It was my pleasure to inform a number of teens of the truth, with many uttering in surprise "What you mean, more than two?" and many others commenting with them in agreement that they never heard of that.) Then for their beautiful question - WHY didn't anyone ever tell us this before? :thumbs: I love kids, so smart and willing to think!

When is enough going to be enough?

I'm personally past that point. I wasn't even a teen when I said "this is enough" and thought that the world was appalling and shameful for the degree of sinfulness and corruption throughout. I listened to the news and was horrified, unwillingly heard to Rush (ended up dismantling the radio, he offended me even as a child) read books and the history of humans and thought "why would people do this to each other?"

It was enough long before I was born. It was enough long before you were born. Apparently, our own Creator thought it was enough a REALLY long time ago and was ready to throw in the towel and destroy the whole thing until it was plead for. Have we improved since then?

I don't think so.

7. thisnumbersdisconnected

Oh, come on, Gina!! This wouldn't happen where you live, and you know it!!

Surely you don't accept this as "normal"??

What I think is this: There isn't a thing we can do about it except pray, but that's a lot, when you contemplate the power of prayer.

8. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Thanks for this. I agree completely. Why are we so shocked when the world acts like it is lost?

9. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    :thumbsup::thumbsup: :tear:

10. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is not the church expecting the world to act like the church. It is people seeing the drastic change in our communities. And it is sad.