1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

When is it ok to cuss

Discussion in '2008 Archive' started by Salty, Dec 23, 2007.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. standingfirminChrist

Freedom of Speech is a joke. It is only illegal when the Government wants it to be illegal.

For instance, if I walked into a bank and jokingly told the teller, 'Give me all your money,' I would be arrested for attempted bank robbery. My freedom of speech has been taken away.

3. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Excellent example

4. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

When is it OK to cuss? When your wife slams your fingers in the car door. @#$%^%$#@#$%^^!!!!!!!!

5. standingfirminChrist

Now, now. If I could endure my pastor hitting me in the knee with a four pound shedge hammer and not cuss, surely you can take some abuse from your wife...

6. NiteShift

NiteShift New Member

This is grounds for cursing, definately. Now a two pound sledge; iffy. But 4 lbs, yes.

7. Timsings

Timsings Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am a finish carpenter. In construction this is called "using technical construction terminology." :laugh:

8. standingfirminChrist

My getting hit with a 4 pound sledge* really happened. And the first words out of my mouth were, "Praise the Lord!" At which time my pastor asked, "Do you want me to hit the other knee?"

God gives us grace to resist temptation to curse... if only we would look to Him.

Submit yourselves therefore to God, resist the devil and he will flee from you.

9. NiteShift

NiteShift New Member

Is he insane?

10. standingfirminChrist

ROFL. No, he would not have hit me again. The first time was an accident. He said it because I praised the Lord when hit the first time.

11. rbell

rbell Active Member

The proper response would have been,

"Why heaven, no, pastor....if you hit me in my Blessed other knee, then Hallelujah, I'll have to kick your Shekinah Glory."

12. standingfirminChrist

I was in too much pain to think of that at the time. lol

13. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    :laugh: Your pastor has a good sense of humor, even if not a good aim with a sledge.

peace to you and Merry Christmas:praying:

14. standingfirminChrist

The irony of it is he would not let me be the one to use the hammer because he said with my blind eyes, I would miss the stake and hit him (we were putting up fences on our farm).

I should have insisted on holding the hammer.

I was off my feet for nearly 3 weeks.

15. atestring

atestring New Member

Never cuss and you will never regret the decision.

16. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

In the line of work that I am in it seems to be a requirement that ones vocabulary be very profane. You'd think that this business would be more professional but it is increasingly harder to maintain a civil tongue these days, of which I do btw.
    IMHO what comes out of a man is from the heart. If one can not control one's tongue then one should examine one's heart.
    While in a discussion about service, a Grocery Store Manager began to direct his foul tongue at me. I took it until he used my Fathers Name in a vain way. I could not stand to hear God's precious name be used in that context and I told that manager so. He stepped back and very apologetically told me that he too was a Christian and was overcome by the stresses of the job and that such language was out of character for him.
    I firmly believe that the stresses of this world are what tests our commitment to our Lord. If the test gets tough it is prudent to look to Christ for calm in our storms and not to lash out from our hearts by the quick snap of the tongue.

17. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

What a @#$%^&* stupid *&^%$#@ thread! :laugh:

18. The Scribe

The Scribe New Member

Cursing may not be illegal, but it should not come out of the mouth of a Christian.

James 3:10-13 (KJV)
    10: Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
    11: Doth a fountain send forth at the same place sweet water and bitter?
    12: Can the fig tree, my brethren, bear olive berries? either a vine, figs? so can no fountain both yield salt water and fresh.
    13: Who is a wise man and endued with knowledge among you? let him shew out of a good conversation his works with meekness of wisdom.

19. dan e.

dan e. New Member

Isn't cursing about context and usage as opposed to a combination of 4 letters?

Many "cuss" words, used with their appropriate meaning, doesn't mean you are cussing.