1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured When should a pastor be removed?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by pk4life, Jun 21, 2013.

1. Gorship

Gorship Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    i will say, if your congregation is walking around your church 7 times and blowing horns, you may just want to have a meeting.

2. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Please stay on topic and not try to divert this to "politics" or you will be asked not to post.

3. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Your spiritual authority is one vote away from a vote for removal. It really does not matter what you think the standards should be, it matters what the congregation decides.

4. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Okay, but CBT's incredulous statements can be met only with befuddlement until it's understood that politics is where he is coming from.:type:

5. PeterM

PeterM Member

That's congregationalism... I lead, I don't rule. That said, there are plenty of unspiritual churches out there that think just that way and remind their pastors faithfully. It is nothing more than consumerism at its ugliest.

6. thisnumbersdisconnected

Who said anything about "spiritual authority"? Obviously I'm talking about leading by example, and being a good steward of the resources a pastor has been given, i.e., his flock. If he leads down a path of folly, then where do the sheep go?

You seem to jump to conclusions a lot. I thought I was the world's champion conclusion jumper around here.

7. Steadfast Fred

Steadfast Fred Active Member

1 Timothy 3:5 (For if a man know not how to rule his own house, how shall he take care of the church of God?)

8. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

The verse is totally out of context. In the senario, the actions of the pastor in no way reflect his ability to maintain order in a household. There is nothing unBiblical about marrying a different race for one. Two, in her mid twenties, she had no business living at home. She is an adult. An three, most of the dissention was caused by ten foot nosed gossips in the church.

If you are going to post a verse, make it apply.

9. Steadfast Fred

As long as she is living under his roof, she has an obligation to obey him. The fact that he and she were argumentative shows rebellion on her part. On his the inability to rule.

10. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Baloney, the verse is talking about the inability to rule a family. She had no business there. Despite our warped standards, people in their twenties are adults, and are not suppose to be living at home, working at McDonalds and playing video games the rest of the day. The disorder was not caused by the father's inability to lead. If the daughter moved out, and the gossips were disfellowshipped, I am sure the pastor would be fine. The element of the different race is about as ridiculous as it gets.

11. Steadfast Fred

Glad you identified your post as baloney before you typed it. Makes it just as easy to recognize it as such.

Regardless of her age, she was a member of the pastor's house and subject to his rule.

12. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Yes, she had a mental condition also. That was a punishment from God. Based on your posts, who do you think would make a better pastor, you or the person in the senario?

13. Steadfast Fred

pk's post says nothing of the daughter having a mental condition. Starting a rumor?

14. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

How 'bout after his wife forgets the chicken n' dumplings????

I know, I know, boo, boo, hiss, hiss........:D

15. Steadfast Fred

Forgot the chicken and dumplings??? Egads!!!

16. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree with you, SN.

I think this is a family problem, not so much a church issue. There comes a time when adult children need to make their own life choices and move out of the house and out from under parental authority. In this particular scenario, I would advise the grown daughter to move out and live her own life the way she sees fit. That would include getting a job, paying for her own bills, and taking responsibility for herself physically and financially without parental help. If she and her father disagree, she should attend a different church after she moves out.

I would not recommend her trying to oust the father as a pastor. It won't work. She'll be labeled a rebellious kid trying to seek revenge on the dad. Better to just go her own way and let the church realize on their own if this is a "family matter" or a spiritual problem with the man.

17. pk4life

pk4life Member

do you know, what a scenario is? It's not a 1:1 accurate interpretation of events...

18. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

BINGO! :thumbsup:

19. pk4life

pk4life Member

That is exactly the fear.

20. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Where in scripture are women commanded to live under parental control until that control is passed from father to husband? What if the woman is 40 and still unmarried, she still can't make her own life decisions and must live under daddy's roof?

This isn't the dark ages, where women were treated like mindless idiots with no opinion or intelligence of their own, forced into arranged marriages and not allowed to have a career before marriage.