1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

when the Commandment is broken

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by wopik, May 6, 2006.

1. wopik

wopik New Member

After the giving of the Ten Commandments and after Israel had boldly promised that they would keep the law, God said, "They have well said all that they have spoken. O that there were such an heart in them, that they would fear me, and keep all my commandments always, that it might be well with them, and with their children forever!" (Deuteronomy 5:29).

Speaking of these commandments, Paul said: "And the commandment which was ordained to life, I found to be unto death" (Romans 7:10).

This may be the plainest commentary available on what Paul meant by the "ministration of death" in II Corinthians 3. How could a commandment which was ordained to life be called "the administration of death"? It could be so only when the commandment is broken.

Listen to Paul as he continues: "And the commandment which was ordained to life, I found to be unto death. For sin, taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me, and by it slew me.

Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good.

Was then that which is good made death unto me?

God forbid.

But sin that it might appear sin, working death in me by that which is good; that sin by the commandment might become exceeding sinful. For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal sold under sin" (Romans 7:10-14).

http://www.borntowin.net/essays.aspx?eid=42

2. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Very good;
    And also after the new birth.
    "The righteous of the Law if fullfilled in us."

3. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

I think the Administration of Death is the same thing as the Law of Sin and Death

Romans 8:

2: For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
    3: For what the law could not do , in that it was weak through the flesh , God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:
    4: That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

The "law of sin and death"... what does that mean?

Ezek:18:4: the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die.

Like a cycle, like what Paul lamented about in Romans chapter 7. He wants to do right but cant. You sin, you die, you sin, you pay the penalty, over and over... that is the "Law of sin and death"...

Kind of like when we say the "law of gravity"... you drop something and this is what it's going to do...

SEE HERE? READ:

Rom:7:23: But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to THE LAW OF SIN which is in my members.

Well you see the LAW could not free us from that! The law can only point out sin to us, and thats all!

ok then we read two things:

"For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death."

AND

"That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit."

Ok the law of the spirit of life has made us free from the law of sin and death...this means it is our way out of this cycle of sin and death..

Galtians 5 answers to that one..

If we begin following the Holy Spirits leading we drop out of sin and begin to have the fruits of the Spirit being seen in our lives...

In other words we actually are no longer violating the Law anymore...thus, NOT UNDER that law of sin and death anymore! we break out of that cycle...

Galatians 5:
    21: Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
    22: But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
    23: Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
    24: And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.

Allright, and now for the last part which now fits right into the whole picture very nicely with no effort!

"That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit."

4. wopik

wopik New Member