1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

When Was Adam Saved

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Rex77, Jul 31, 2006.

1. ituttut

ituttut New Member

I'm saying work was required. Did Abel make "blood sacrifice"? Did Noah build the ark? God told Noah to build the ark, and did as he was told. He believed God. Can we believe His Word? My Bible said it was Noah that had to build the ark, because God was not going to do it for him. Building an ark is hard work, and to survive and obey his God Noah did not rebel or argue with him. He just did as he was told.
    I have never said he earned his salvation. He did what all before Damascus Road had to do, and that was believe God, and do what He told them to do. Those justified by faith all had to do a work with their hands. Can you show scripture to the contrary?
    But you skirt the issue. Are you disputing the Word of Jesus as He speaks to His people?
    I believe you are as many here and confused by trying to mix what Jesus said on earth to His people that He came for, and by what Christ Jesus says from heaven.

You see this is not so for we today of having to endure until the end, for you believe just as I. You really do believe it is Christ that did all of the work, and through His faith it is that we come. You have been reading the Epistles of Paul, for if you hadn't you would not know you are justified through faith, and not by faith as all from Adam until after Damascus Road.

Don't read beyond Acts 8 and see how all were saved before the event that takes place in Acts 9. Can you find from Genesis through Acts 8 of being Justified through faith?

2. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I do believe in types of Christ in the old testament to include the Ark that Noah built. There is no way a guy who had never built a boat could get it right the first time without divine intervention.

I just can't find any support or Adam and the skins. Theologically it doesn't hold water and it is never referenced in scripture. Not even in Heb 11.

3. 2BHizown

2BHizown New Member

You could quite possibly be correct.
    I've been wrong before. Its just in continued search I felt convinced that God initiating dialogue with Adam, not accepting his clothing of fig leaves yet clothing him and Eve Himself it was so plausible.

We know that Abraham, Noah and others were righteous so isnt it likely Adam had passed on to his decendants his knowledge of God?

I am more aware that it is definitely not a positive stand, for sure.

We will know....

Blessings!

4. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Are you saying they were justified by doing something with their hands? I'm confused.

How about this?

5. 2BHizown

2BHizown New Member

With more pondering and research I guess I'm not ready to totally relinquish my position of Adam/Eve being saved! This article is good and I also wrote to another whom I consider an authority and may post his reply later!

(http://www.biblebb.com/files/MAC/90-242.htm)

Challenges are good as they keep us searching the Word for deeper truths!

6. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't believe that Adam was saved. I think Heb. 6:4-8 pretty much seals the fate of apostates. Nowhere do read of Adam's faith or righteousness, and the Apostle heads his list of the faithful with Abel, not Adam (Heb. 11).

7. 2BHizown

2BHizown New Member

I agree with my source.

I firmly believe that Adam and Eve were saved and we will meet and have fellowship with them in heaven. They knew more clearly than any one else ever created the full imapct of Satan's lies and deceptions, for they had paradise stripped away because they listened to the "tempter." Adam (and we assume Eve) lived a long time with that knowledge of how wicked is evil. Adam lived for 930 years (Gen 5:5). They walked with God in an intimate way before the Fall, and we never hear of any rebellion from those two for the rest of their lives. I personally believe they clearly communicated the gospel and the awfulness of sin and the evil ones to all their children and grandchildren and their "great-great-great-great.....grandchildren for the time they were alive on the earth.(Tony Capoccia, biblebb.com)

8. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

I am not saying Adam was not saved, but I think the reasons given above are all just opinion. Knowing the impact of sin does not save you. This is a really poor argument for believing Adam to be saved - argument from silence and personal conjecture.

9. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Amen Sis... :thumbs:

10. Allan

Allan Active Member

:type: Interesting thought, why do we not find Adam Calling God - Father.
    He calls Him Lord. Lord = Absolute Ruler

There is a issue, when I went back an review the text I noticed that may change the diminsions somewhat of this discussion. Not the topic but how some of us have aproached it.

The FACT is, they brought offerings to the Lord, NOT sacrifices which were for sin. Offerings were reminiders of Gods goodness concerning different things.

Some questions to be answered:

1. Where did they (Cain and Able) learn to do this?

2. Why did they do it?

3. Was there conditions on these offerings?

4. IF so, where did they learn of these conditions that they may be acceptable?

To me, all answers point to Dad and Mom (Adam and Eve). And IF Dad and Mom, then they passed on this knowledge to their children. Now the question is why would they have such knowledge? Though scripture is silent on the subject and conjecture though interesting is no substitute for truth. We can infer from the children that their parents were practicers of the same for there was no one else to teach them. This was fun, thanks :thumbs:

11. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Now we're on that mysterious priesthood of Melchezidec... This ought to get good.

This is also visible proof that every historical detail was not given to Moses. Be it you believe he wrote Genesis via divine inspiration or simply jotted down the stories that were passed down, generation to generation by the elders and historians, there is no doubt every detail is not included.

#71 LeBuick, Aug 4, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2006
  12. RTG

RTG New Member

This has been interesting,It seems to me this is where Adam went.Heb 3:12 Take heed,breathern,lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief,in departing from the living God.Heb 2:9 But we see Jesus,who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death,crowned with glory and honor;that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.Adam was a man.I believe Adam as well as the rest of us had to beleive God.I can't say for sure he did,but he did have one righteous son that did.Romans 2:11 For there is no respect of persons with God.Jew?Gentile?Adam?you?Just a few thoughts RTG

13. ituttut

ituttut New Member

Hi Marcia. It is not I saying they were justified by faith, but scripture. This is what Hebrews 11 tells us. So all that came by faith were required to do a work. Please show any justified in that manner that did not do a work.

It was necessary from the beginning, but work today will justify no one that comes through faith. Please read James who very pointedly tells you he is saved by faith, for faith by itself is dead. James was never headed toward the rapture, but toward the "kingdom".
    Yes those that are by faith are just as we that "believe the Lord", i.e. reckoned righteous. This is all that God has asked from the beginning. Believe my Word. We today through faith are just as righteous as those that believed the Lord that came by faith, because we believe what our Lord tells us today. None of these could come through the faith of Jesus. They didn't know His name by whom they should come, and He had not yet shed His blood.

We are told what we are to believe today in Ephesians. We are to believe in the Body of Christ, that Body that we come through. At the Cross He abolished the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace. Under the Law and its ordinances Israel was to have no mutual dealings with the Gentile. The Law, and the law of ordinances of the Jew strictly forbade such a thing. We see this all through the Old Testament, after Israel became a nation under the Mosaic Law, the enmity between Israel and the world, and we still see it today.

But in Christ Jesus there is today no enmity for that barrier, or wall has come down. Before the Cross, to approach Israel's God, there was only one way for the Gentile. The Gentile had to be circumcised, and enter into the religious rituals of Israel, keeping the Sabbath, and all of their laws and ordinances. This did get the Gentile close to the God of Israel, but not into His presence. A Gentile could not enter into the "inner court" of the Temple.

This is the reason I preach the fallacy of those that believe in the "great commission". Peter is still teaching this after the Cross, and after Pentecost. Acts 2:38 in response to the men of Israel informs they are to "repent and be baptized for the remission of their sins". Did these men of Israel want to receive the Holy Ghost, and the "gift or gifts" that came with Him, The Holy Ghost. They did, but they had to believe the "gospel that was presented to them", and that was by faith they were to "repent and be baptized for the remission of their sins". Is that what we are to believe today? Are we saved by that gospel of faith, or are we saved through the preaching of the Cross gospel of believing on the name of the Lord Jesus Christ of the Cross for our salvation? What foolishness so many say to preach this message of coming through the faith of Jesus Christ. Why everybody knows the gospel of justification has always been the same. Don't you believe it.