1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

When was Peter born again?

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by Ben Elohim, Feb 24, 2005.

1. ILUVLIGHT

ILUVLIGHT Guest

Hi Larry;
    An example of your support is that you might quote a verse and say there you are, but it doesn't even come close to what you claim. Your support for prefaith regeneration is not Jn. 3. Yet no where does Jn. 3 say anything about regeneration coming before faith. Your idea of support doesn't support you in any thing. Your always claiming victory yet you have none.
    Yes I read the rest of the passage Larry and it clearly indicates your wrong because it's talking about the deeper things of God which is entirely different than the gospel. You have taken the scripture out of context which you do most of the time anyway. Not to mention your explanation for Rom. 1:20 doesn't stand at all;

It's just that your ideas must be confused because the Bible says things differently than you do. Which is why you won't defend your Calvinism. I think you know your wrong and you just won't admit it.
    This statement is untrue. First of all you're not god nor can you possibly know anything about what I know so stop telling me I should know. All I know about you Larry is that you make a lot of claims you can't back up.
    May Christ Shine His Light On Us All;
    Mike [​IMG]

May Christ Shine His Light On Us All;
    Mike [​IMG]

2. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

I can't remember ever using John 3 to argue for regeneration preceding faith, especially since I don't technically believe that. I think you have misrepresented or misunderstood something. If you think I have used John 3 to support that, then please show me where.

Not in the context. The context is about the simplicity of the gospel. It is deep only in that it is the wisdom of God which the world rejects.

To my knowledge, I haven't even talked about Romans 1:20. What are you referring to?

Name one place where the Bible says something differently than I do. If you can prove it, I will gladly change. I don't really defend "my Calvinism." I don't have a calvinism, and it doesn't need my defending. I have defended the gospel and will continue to do so. Seeing the stuff that you have said and that Ben Elohim has said has convinced even more that what i believe is right. Every argument I see you put forth is so far from Scripture that it has the opposite effect that you want it to.

I know that you have been around long enough to read enough of my posts and answer them in such a way that you have to know I can defend my position. If I couldn't defend it, you would have not been able to respond to it. You disagree with me. That doesn't mean I can't defend it.

The next one you demonstrate will be the first.

He already has. It is in His word. You can just believe it.

3. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

You tried to make it sound like I didn't believe what Jesus said. That was a misrepresentation. I disagree with what you think Jesus said. It doesn't mean I don't believe it.

You haven't dealt with what I put forth, and I don't have time to get into it. If you are interested, surround yourself with some good books and get to work. That will be time better spent than here. Are you scared to sit down with the great theologians of history and study them?

4. Ben Elohim

Ben Elohim New Member

So you do believe that Jesus said the Spirit would NOT come to Peter and the disciples until he went away right PL?

But you also insist that the Spirit had indeed come to Peter before Jesus went away right PL?

And you believe Jesus when he said RECEIVE the Spirit at John 20:22, not "Receive a special endowment of the Spirit." Will you continue to add to the word of God at John 20:22?

So all you can come up with is John 3 for "evidence" that OT saints were regenerate. That is quite sad PL. Of course Nicodemus should have known this principle. He was a learned Jewish Pharisee. So now PL, where did you get the notion that understanding how the new birth into the Kingdom was supposed to work amounts to regeneration of Old Testament saints? Do tell.