1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

When will the liars apologize?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Pastor Larry, Sep 2, 2006.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Again you assert that laws are soveriegn over God. No truth to that.God is soverign regardless of the laws.

And a christian has no business being involved in anything that is against God. Your application that Jesus tried to support a godless government is false and has no application to America.

Our country is a Christian country and it is based on christian principles. Hebrews 13:17 (if you will actually study your bible) has no application to the constitution. It speaks of who to obey not what. Which actually hurts your case not helps you.

A government without God is a government against God.

PS. I did not get that from Rush limbaugh.

2. The Galatian

The Galatian New Member

No, you made that up because you were having trouble with the argument I actually made. In fact, I said that trying to mix God and government is always a disaster. As the Founders pointed out, establishment of God in government has led to all sorts of evil. God neither wants nor needs government help. It is against God. It is a complete falsehood that I said government was over God, and you should be ashamed of yourself for falsely accusing me.

As I pointed out, God says that we should obey the law. And in America, the law says that dissent is not only tolerated but encouraged. If you don't support this, then you are opposing Biblical principles.

The Founders actually made the definitive statement on that. In the Treaty of Tripoli, they said that America was not founded on the Christian Religion. And they should know; they did it.

Hebrews 13:17 Obey those who rule over you

It says to obey the legal authorities. In your case, that is the Constitution, since we are nation of laws, not men. You might want to read it again, and perhaps see what other Bible scholars say about it. You'll find few who agree with you.

This is why it's a good idea to study your Bible.

3. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

RM read a different history than I. I don't recall any of the following:

"I God, in order to form a more perfect union . . ."
    "...that government derives its just powers from God . . .'
    "...that nation of God, by God, and for God shall not perish from the earth."

No, I read, "We the People of the United States of America . . ."
    "...government derives its just powers from the consent of the governed ..."
    "...that nation of the people, by the people, and for the people shall not perish from the earth."

Of course, ultimately God is over the entire universe. But we are not a theocracy, and governments are instituted among men, despite what the theocons try to push on the rest of us.