1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Where are all the Pastors?

Discussion in '2000-02 Archive' started by Barnabas H., Jun 27, 2001.

1. Barnabas H.

Barnabas H. <b>Oldtimer</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    I set my browser to 5 days, and the room is empty. Not to worry, they probably went fishing with Peter! :D

2. rlvaughn

rlvaughn Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, we're in the other forums riding our hobby horses! ;)

3. DocCas

DocCas New Member

I'm right here, but I get bored talking to myself so I go to the other forums and help rlvaughn ride his hobby horse! [​IMG]

4. Pastor KevinR

Pastor KevinR New Member

Geddyup! Yeeeehaaaaaawwwwwwww!! :eek: :eek:

5. Barnabas H.

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am reading a lot about horses on this thread. Does that mean that our distinguished slate of Pastors are horsing around: ;)

6. TomVols

TomVols New Member

B.J.,
    Since you opened the door, let me ask you: Why do you think there seems to be a hesitation on the part of pastors to talk about the practical side of pastoral ministry?

7. Barnabas H.

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hey Bro. TomVols, what are you doin' here? Everybody is out watching the fireworks, aren't you celebrating 4th of July?! ;)

Well, to answer your question, I believe that if this forum was password sensitive we would have more pastors looking in and sharing their joys as well as their sorrows. I believe that because it is an open forum, and everybody peeks in, the confidentiality, or in this case the lack of it, refrain pastors to share their soul. But thanks for asking.

Now I have a follow up question, and this is in line with my original inquiry. Do we really need a "Pastor's Corner" forum? Actually that is what I was leading up to. Because our pastors are all over the board, and rightfully so (we need every one of them for their Bible based knowledge, advise, and foresight) there is very little time left for them to huddle into their "open" forum and share something from "the practical side of (their) pastoral ministry." [​IMG]

So what is your take on this?

[ July 04, 2001: Message edited by: B. J. Halo ]

8. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

Hmmmmm. A practical side to pastoral ministry? Hmmmmmmm. That is interesting. Practical? Hmmm. You have really got me interested now...... .

9. Others

Others Guest

Dear Pastor,
    I know like most Pastors you are a busy man so I won't take up much of your time. I am sending you a link which I think can be a big help to both you and your members. This link will help you and your church members to communicate with each other with just a few clicks of a mouse. This church communicator has so many tools that it is really amazing. I don't want to take up a lot of your time so please take a look at this link. I am a member of Kerwin Baptist church where Bro. Joe Myers has been our Pastor for over 39 years. I have been a Christian for over 21 years and am going to Greece to preach the Gospel as the Lord provides. Just a little testimony. Please take a look at this site.Our church site is kbc.ministrycentral.org http://www.ministrytec.com/home/default.asp Your Brother In Christ,
    Brian D. Sinde

10. Barnabas H.

Faith:
    Baptist
    Welcome to the BB Brian, and thanks for the link! [​IMG]