1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Where are the Fossilized Remains of Millions of Humans?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by InTheLight, Mar 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

Not certain exactly what you mean, but "judging" from my past experience, I would guess that it is marked by at least some condescension, rather than simply disagreement. Yes I do believe, that from the beginning, the universe and all that is within it was created with the inherent property of entropy. The first humans, Adam and Eve were not in my view created with indefinite life spans as indicated by the Tree of Life.

Death has been the "arch enemy" of humans from the beginning. The fear....the unknown etc has been a part of the human experience from the very earliest days of humanity.

2. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So, you disagree with Paul that death entered the world through Adam. It isn't the wages of sin, it was part of creation.

3. quantumfaith

4. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Where do you believe he said that?

5. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He is asserting that Adam's ancestors died, and that before the Fall.

6. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  7. quantumfaith

Yes, and so did "dinos", plants, bacteria etc.

8. quantumfaith

I am saying YOUR understanding of Paul is incorrect.

9. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would say the moment Adam ate, sin entered the world, the kosmos and at that moment Adam brought forth for all to come after him to come forth as, dead in trespasses and sins for all would sin because it had been brought into the world, the Kosmos.

God had formed the body of Adam from the dust of the ground breathed into the nostrils of the body spirit of the breath of life and the body being sustained by the spirit of the breath of life flowing through its blood became a living soul.

Adam after eating was a living soul, dead in trespasses and sins, meaning when the spirit of the breath of life departed from him he would be dead. The body without the spirit is dead. As God had told him, "Dying thou dost die." The body returned to the dust from whence it came and the spirit returned to the God who gave it.

Adam would then be a dead soul.

I do not know whether Adam became fossilized or not.

That was the destiny of man.

However before the foundation of the world, before all that above had taken place God had determined there would be one as a lamb without spot and without blemish, sinless, who would shed his blood, who would die the death that would be brought forth by sin. That lamb would be the very, or shall we say, the only begotten Son of God.
    The same God also made a promise. The hope of eternal life.

but has been made manifest now by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who has annulled death, and brought to light life and incorruptibility by the glad tidings; 2 Tim 1:10 Darby

But God raised him from the dead: And as concerning that he raised him up from the dead, now no more to return to corruption, he said on this wise, I will give you the sure mercies of David. Wherefore he saith also in another psalm, Thou shalt not suffer thine Holy One to see corruption. Acts 13:30,34,35

Who was the promise of God for?

BTW to crossover to another thread.

God had determined there would be one as a lamb without spot and without blemish, sinless, who would shed his blood,

That is when he was set forth as, Propitiation.

#69 percho, Oct 31, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2013
  10. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

Spirit death. That is all.

Physical death was already in the world.

Adam ate vegetables. Vegetables are living creatures.

Adam tended the Garden before the fall. That meant he cut down living vines and chopped down living grasses.

There is no reason to think that things were not dying before the fall. There is no reason to think that the death that entered the world through sin was not restricted to spiritual death.

11. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

What is the difference, Adam sinned, sin entered the world. The wages of sin is death. It not only affected the physical life of man, but every aspect of life on earth. The death of animals, buildings decay, things in a home go bad, cars stop working. End of story.

12. Thomas Helwys

Thomas Helwys New Member

Very true.

13. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Then the creation of Adam is spiritual.

Plants were created on the Third Day, moving creatures "that hath life" on the Fifth. It is not said that plants "have life." Plants were created for food for moving creatures "that have life." Lions were not eating lambs before the Fall.

Does the "rotten" apple core question really stump anyone? There was no corruption. Nothing was rotting. Were there no swine? Were there no insects? Were there no bacteria? If the guy who posed the apple core question had spent five minutes outdoors, he'd know an apple core doesn't stand a chance. Even in this present day of corruption, it wouldn't last long enough for corruption to set in. And who says that Adam wouln't have eaten the core?

14. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You would have better standing to criticize if you posed a consistent thought.

You say death is an enemy. When you said that, did you mean physical death or spiritual death?

And if you meant spiritual death, why didn't you say that in your first response?

15. thisnumbersdisconnected

As the tree of life was indicative of access to eternal life, I would put forth that your assumption is a contradiction. How would you defend your statement?

16. quantumfaith

Not sure what your question is here, I was trying to make the suggestion that they were prohibited from the Tree of Life, to me this indicated that the possibility exists, that this may been a source of indefinite life for them. Meaning, that they may have to have been dependent upon it for indefinite life spans.

17. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Duh, both are the enemy. What are you thinking about? How many days until you put a Santa hat on Moses?

18. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Shortly after Thanksgiving. :thumbs:

BTW, I don't think you're following the conversation well.

19. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just in case you missed it, I posed a question to you.

20. thisnumbersdisconnected

OK, my understanding from that post was that you were denying they had access to eternal life before The Fall. God was their source for eternal life, in their sinless state. The tree of life could provide them with a source for eternal life even in their sinful state as the result of their disobedience. That's why God removed them from the Garden.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.