1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Where can I find traditional hymns

Discussion in 'Music Ministry' started by bodyofchrist32, May 6, 2010.

1. bodyofchrist32

bodyofchrist32 New Member

I want to down load some traditional Christian Hymns, but every site I go on that offers Christian music turns out to be full of Contomporary Christian Music rather than traditional hymns like "It is well with my soul" or "washed in the blood". Does anyone know a site I can go on to download these songs, and if it's a site that offers these downloads for free that would be a plus. Thanks for your help!

2. SBCPreacher

SBCPreacher Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are you looking for them being sung or only played? I downloaded some piano hymns from Amazon at about $9 for 25. I use them when I can't find a pianist for group singing.

(BTW, I'm down the road from you at Newport, so howdy neighbor.)

3. bodyofchrist32

bodyofchrist32 New Member

Sorry, I should have been more specific. I am looking for them being sang. I have found the instrumentals, but that's all i've been able to find. Newport, you say? Yes, that is right up the street. I'm about 30-45 minutes from you, in between Kinston and New Bern. Small world!

4. poodle78

poodle78 Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Try here:
    HTML:
    http://www.hymnary.org/?category=hymnals