1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Where did Christmas go?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by righteousdude2, Nov 23, 2014.

1. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Christmas is what you make it.

John 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

HankD

2. T Alan

T Alan New Member

We "WILL" answer for what we do. Bema style.

Israel was judged as a nation for the trangression of the many. America too.

3. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Every year a Christmas curmudgeon pops up, and this year is no different!

So let the spoil sports preach how bad we are for celebrating the holidays, and let them preach their doom and gloom. Heard it before and will hear it again and again and again, so I have grown used to these Christmas curmudgeons and their judgement on the rest of us.

[​IMG]

For those who just don't feel like being a wet blanket, Merry Christmas to All and to all a peaceful night and blessed year!

4. T Alan

T Alan New Member

Yep, Just like Paul and Peter and James wrote in their letters contained in the NT. "It approaches the day of the birth of Our LORD Jesus, let us cut down an evergreen because it is the sign of eternal life and let us adorn it with candles as it is a tribute to Jesus which is the Light of the world and let us give each other gifts as he was given to the world as the greatest gift. and let us sing songs of grandmothers ran over by reindeer that fly and of another jolly old elf that is equally all knowing as is our saviour Jesus, knowing who is naught and nice, And he is also able to transcend time and visit each little boy and girl and magically enter their homes and leave the newest and sharpest toys that are made."

OH! Wait! The Apostles, nor any Church Father is EVER recorded doing ANY of these things. WHY NOT? It's not of God but of ONE that wants to counterfeit Jesus. SIMPLE.
    Imposter.

5. T Alan

T Alan New Member

Jehovah Himself instituted and ordered 7 gatherings and celebrations to be held throughout the year. Why not just do as he said and "keep these". (I know it was given to Isreal to keep but so many think the Church is Spiritual Isreal, why not) at least they were given by the breath of The LORD OF HOSTS. Let Christ Mass go Children of God.

6. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks T Alan - we have something to agree about! I am not a Catholic, so I have never been to a "mass", so letting go of Christ's "Mass" will be no problem! :smilewinkgrin:

7. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Israel was judged as a nation because they were called as a nation. America is not Israel.

So what "America" does is of not consequence to me biblically.

8. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thank you for posting this. Agreed.

9. T Alan

T Alan New Member

Elohim used the Israelite to bring judgement on the 'ites' after leaving Egypt. He never called the vairous "ites" as a nation but he certainly judged them for their iniquities.
    Here's just one verse that confirms this. I will find more and be back.
    Why such a long delay before God gave the promised land to Israel? God answers,
    “Because the iniquity of the Amorites is not yet complete”
    (Genesis 15:16).

"It is not for your righteousness or for the uprightness of your heart that you are going to possess their land, but it is because of the wickedness of these nations that the Lord your God is driving them out before you, in order to confirm the oath which the Lord swore to your fathers, to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob." (Deut. 9:5).

Sure sounds like Elohim's Judgement on a sinful nation to me. Am I interpreting this wrong? Is America allowing the destruction of over 3k unborn a day? Alone that sound's like a righteous reason for judgement to me.