1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Where did the Black Race come from??

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by TaliOrlando, Dec 11, 2006.

1. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

Perhaps you need remedial reading course. My post to which you responded said nothing about you denying Jesus was God. There was no reason for you respond as you did. (Your previous statements were at best confusing, when you asserted that Jesus gave up his position in the Godhead.)

I was explaining the theological terms for what you appeared to trying to explain yourself.

Whatever the case, Jesus did not give up his position in the Trinity. He always was and always is the second person of the Godhead, the Son of God.

2. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

Here's what you said, "Pastor."

In that it was directed at me, assuming otherwise would be unlikely.

3. Pastor Larry

Site Supporter

It wasn't directed at you. Get over yourself, man.

Sometimes people say stuff that has to do with something else. In this case, it was a general comment about the clarity of Jesus' assertions, as Helen had pointed out.

Inasmuch as you had previously affirmed your belief in the deity of Christ (in spite of your earlier confusing statements), I did not need to direct this statement at you. You weren't even in my mind when I made that comment.

4. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

Yeah, whatever.

5. Pastor Larry

Site Supporter

LIke it or not, it wasn't about you. The proper thing for you here is to say, "Sorry I misunderstood," and move on. Don't try to turn it into something personal. It's not. Never was. Never gonna be.

6. Blammo

Blammo New Member

Amen, Pastor Larry, and that would be tragic.

7. ccdnt

ccdnt New Member

I have not read all the replies in this thread. There is only one "race" and that is the human race. Everyone is a descendant of Adam and Eve; therefore everyone is of "one blood". The variations in skin color we see today are the result of genetic variation and genetic loss.

8. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

Is that meant for me? Being cute, or just a cheerleader?

9. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

If it is, that's very punny.

10. Blammo

Blammo New Member

I was responding to this:

"To deny that Jesus is God is to deny Jesus, and thus to have no salvation."

11. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

Puns are the amoeba of the humor world.

12. Blammo

Blammo New Member

Looks like I had me an amoeba sized pizza the humor world pie. :tongue3:

13. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

Looks like you threw a bunch of words up in the air and put them in a sentence any old way.

Anything you'd like to contribute to the discussion?

14. Blammo

Blammo New Member

Maybe you need to take a remedial reading course. (Or, can't take a joke?)

Sure - Seems the discussion has focused on skin color. Certain other characteristics seem to accompany the differences in skin tone. Not as a rule, but in certainly in general.

I believe the Genesis account of creation literally. But, I do wonder why some of the genetic differences between races seem to involve more than just skin tone.

15. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

Most likely the latter.

African-Americans and sickle-cell anemia is (are?) the only genetic difference that comes immediately to mind.

What other differences are you speaking of?

16. Filmproducer

Filmproducer Guest

Yes, please elaborate.

17. Blammo

Blammo New Member

Well, at the risk of being called racist:

- Blue eyes, blonde hair, and pale skin seem to show up together.
    - Dark eyes, curly black hair, and dark skin seem to show up together.
    - Red hair, freckles, very pale skin seem to show up together.
    - eyes, noses, lips

As I stated above: Not a rule, just in general. Obviously there are many exceptions.

- My Brother has brown eyes, brown hair, and freckles.
    - My Sisters friend has red hair, very pale skin, but no freckles.
    - My Uncle has very curly hair, blue eyes, and blonde hair (what's left of it)

18. Filmproducer

Filmproducer Guest

meaning blue eyes/blond hair seeks out blue eyed/blond hair mate? or meaning if both parents have blond hair/blue eyes the child will most likely have blue eyes/blond hair?

Take my kids for example they are both bi-racial, (white and black), and could not be more different. My son has dark curly hair and deep brown eyes and has what would be considered a nice tan. He is mistaken for Hispanic or Arab ALL the time. My daughter has red curly, curly hair, blue eyes, a few freckles and the palest of skin.

19. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

I've also seen white people with brown hair, blue eyes, brown hair and freckles, dark hair and green eyes (the lead singer of Evanescence, for example, wow she's pretty), and so on.

Most of these have to do with dominant and recessive genes, which is what filmproducer is speaking of.

20. Blammo

Blammo New Member

Well, my Father and Mother both have brown eyes and hair. I have blonde hair and blue eyes, my Sister has reddish brown hair and a darker tone to her skin than the rest of us, and I already mentioned my Brother who has brown eyes, hair, and very pale skin with freckles.

We are all one race really. I suppose if there were more bi-racial marriages we would see many more mixes of physical features. I guess what I was trying to ask is; Why do some of these physical features typically accompany the same common 2, 3, or more at a time. Perhaps over the centuries people tried to mate with those who looked like themselves.