1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Where Did The Name Jesus Come From

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by HisWitness, Jun 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

can I ask you a question friend ????

when you were saved--did you just accept what you were told the doctrines were or did you get into the word of God --even using other resources--and dig into the word and the resources to find out if they were correct--im not talking about just reading the word and applying the doctrines you were told to the word--im talking about applying the WORD to the doctrines to understand them and see if they were correct ???

That's the problem of today--So many take the teachings they have been taught by a man or a denomination--and apply the teachings to the word--in essence forcing their teachings into the Word of God--even if they don't fit

But the thing that MUST be done is apply the WORD of God to the teachings and see if they add up.

But this is a hard thing for people to do--because they are so rooted in their teachings--whether true or false--that they cannot see how to apply the Word to them or are afraid to do so.

2. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

Christ was a Jew not an American--he was NOT called by a American English name in his earthly lifetime--Jesus is a translated English name of the ORIGINAL name that he had--and that's the purpose of this thread is to study on what His name was in his earthly lifetime--which it appears that some here are so hardened against to find it out--makes me wonder some things about those folks ??????

I really want to call him by his real name myself--not a translated name---I can pronounce Yashua or Yawushua just as well as I can pronounce our English translated name we have----so why change the name if it is pronounceable to us in the original form---???????

3. Steadfast Fred

Steadfast Fred Active Member

His name is, and was Jesus... just as the Word of God declares it to be. To say it wasn't is to call the Word of God a lie.

4. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Well, let's just call Him by His name then.

John 8:58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.

Just learn Hebrew, Aramaic, and Greek and you can call everyone in the Bible by their "real" names. :laugh:

5. Fred's Wife

Fred's Wife Member

From the archangel Michael to Zeus......what's next?

6. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

you have a translated version---NOT the original friend--- Jesus is a translated English name of the actual original name he had--I understand what you are saying--but you don't understand what you are saying.

your ramblings are of no use---Christ had a name that he was called by in his earthly lifetime--and it was NOT the English translated name jesus.

as much as it hurts for you to admit it--its true--my name can be translated into something else---but my original name is that that it was before the translation---simple as that

I would rather learn and use the actual name of Christ than a translated version myself--maybe Yashua/Yahushua will tell the folks of today that he doesn't go by the man translated name but by his name that the Father gave him when we stand before him.:flower::flower::flower:

7. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

I AM is a title not a name--from the OT when God told Moses to tell the people that I AM that I AM--he is The I AM

#47 HisWitness, Jun 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2013
  8. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

you can mock all you want--but you are mocking Christ not me--his name is very pronounceable for us---and should have never been translated into an English name--he was NOT a English amercian--but a Jew.

ESP. when a form of the name jesus relates to the greek god Zeus.

Yashua/Yahshua only relates to Yahweh and it means Salvation of Yahweh.

Man translated the name of Christ into Jesus--God did NOT-- the translation of the name to Jesus was NOT in the first written texts by the Apostles.

Man has made many mistakes in words and names down through the centuries in his many translation attempts of the original texts.

9. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

on with your ramblings--all you know to do :applause::applause::applause:

10. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

That's what Jesus called Himself!!

Although we call Him Jesus as the Son of God. But He is still IAM!!!

#50 Amy.G, Jun 27, 2013
  11. Steadfast Fred

If God did not want His Son called Jesus, He would not have allowed the name to be put in our Bibles.

12. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

Yes he is The I AM---whatever you need --Peace-->He's is
    Joy-->He is
    Help-->He is
    Savation--> He is
    Hope--> He is

I can keep going on but he is just saying-------------------------

I AM your Peace,Joy,Help,Salvation,Hope

He was saying whatever you need---I AM
    Whatever your lacking---I AM

I AM Yahweh---ALL in ALL

13. Steadfast Fred

You are clearly saying none of us who have called on and believed upon The name of Jesus is saved. We made a mistake down through the centuries, calling on Jesus when we should have called on Yashua.

So God has allowed millions upon millions over the last several centuries die and go to hell because they did not call upon the right name.

After all, ...

Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

You really have another Gospel than that which we have received.

#53 Steadfast Fred, Jun 27, 2013
  14. Gregory Perry Sr.

Gregory Perry Sr. Active Member

English Spoken Here...

Yes...I use the KJV in English because that is the language I speak and because God has, as an act of the transmission and preservation of His Word, provided my generation with a copy of His Word in the dominate language of the day in which I live. The name Jesus is the english language equivalent to the Original Greek or Hebrew of His day (the time He was walking on this earth). It is also the correct and common way of calling His name in our day. It may be interesting to know what the original language name would be (and its proper pronunciation) but it is no less proper to address Him or speak of Him with the english-language name. I am an english speaker. Addressing Him or speaking His name in a language I am not native to or familiar with makes no sense to me. Neither does it make you, me or anybody else more "spiritual" than anyone else.

Brother...you go right ahead and do that if it makes you feel good but don't get mad or look down on anybody else if they don't do the same. You don't have that right. I'm sure that when we all get to heaven we'll probably all be addressing the Lord in ways that may not be common during our earthly lives. I'm sure the matter of "languages" will be greatly expanded far beyond what we may be familiar with here.

Bro.Greg:saint:

#54 Gregory Perry Sr., Jun 27, 2013
  15. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

you are adding words to my mouth that I did NOt speak again--your very good at that like someone else here on this board---

by saying the original name of the Son of the Living Yahweh--you say I have another Gospel--you are out of your mind friend.

You are the one calling the name of Christ another Gospel and vain--be careful friend in your Zeal--that you don't curse Yahweh's Son's name.

16. Steadfast Fred

I am not putting words in you mouth at all. It was you who said,

If the name Jesus is not the name God wants man to call on, then millions have died who called on Jesus. That is where your doctrine leads, HW. IT IMPLIES THAT I, AND MILLIONS MORE, AM/ARE LOST BECAUSE WE CALLED ON A PAGAN NAME RATHER THAN ON THE NAME GOD GAVE HIS SON.

#56 Steadfast Fred, Jun 27, 2013
  17. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

well if that's what you get out of it--which I did NOT say--then that's your personal business---But jesus is NOT the name that the jews called upon in the earthly life of Christ--Yashua/Yahushua

18. Fred's Wife

Fred's Wife Member

Seems like you are the one who is "rambling"....starting new threads with "another gospel"...

Galatians 1:8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

Galatians 1:9 As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

19. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

here again you call the name of Christ another Gospel--the Lord Judge you according as he will.

20. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

It's the same name in 2 different languages!!!

Good grief! Some people will argue about anything apparently!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.