1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Where do you line up?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Calvibaptist, Apr 24, 2006.

1. Calvibaptist

Calvibaptist New Member

Wham! Wow, he got you, Calvi. You obviously don't have the Spirit of God or you'd see everything his way.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    </font>[/QUOTE]I didn't write:

1. For God so loved the world,
    2. God sent not his Son to condemn the world;
    3. but that the world through him might be saved.
    4. he is the propitiation for the sins of the whole world.
    5. not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

your disgreement is not with my words.
    </font>[/QUOTE]Our disagreement is not with any of the verses you keep listing ad infinitum. Our disagreement is with your misinterpretation of the phrase "whole world" in absolutely every incidence to mean "every single person without distinction." You want to, no you have to, believe this misinterpretation because it fits nicely into your humanistic, free-will belief system. I reject your humanism and I reject your misinterpretation.

2. Calvibaptist

Calvibaptist New Member

Epistemaniac, I appreciate your hard work, but it will be lost on Me4. I already did one post where I traced the word "world" and the phrase "whole world" as well as the word "all" through the OT and the NT, listing over 50 verses where they mean 15 different things, none of them being "every person without distinction." It fell on deaf ears. He does not want to see the truth.

3. Me4Him

Me4Him New Member

Wham! Wow, he got you, Calvi. You obviously don't have the Spirit of God or you'd see everything his way.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    </font>[/QUOTE]I didn't write:

1. For God so loved the world,
    2. God sent not his Son to condemn the world;
    3. but that the world through him might be saved.
    4. he is the propitiation for the sins of the whole world.
    5. not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

your disgreement is not with my words.
    </font>[/QUOTE]Our disagreement is not with any of the verses you keep listing ad infinitum. Our disagreement is with your misinterpretation of the phrase "whole world" in absolutely every incidence to mean "every single person without distinction." You want to, no you have to, believe this misinterpretation because it fits nicely into your humanistic, free-will belief system. I reject your humanism and I reject your misinterpretation.
    </font>[/QUOTE]Your disagreement is not with me, but with the scriptures and the "SPIRIT".

I'm not the one walking around so blind I have to twist the scriptures into making God's love/Jesus's death for the sins of the whole world into "limited love/Atonement" and not the "Whole world".

Jesus was accused of casting out devils by the power of "beelzebub", now I'm accused of speaking by the same power, humanistic, but when it's time to give an account for every idle word spoken the "Truth" of the "power" behind our words will be revealed.

Like God's words, our words will not return "VOID", they'll come back to "justify or condemn.

And with the "Holy Ghost" send to "lead/guide", there'll be no excuse for ignorance.

4. npetreley

npetreley New Member

Me4Me,

So this is all you have left? "I know that my interpretation is right and yours is wrong because I have the Spirit and you don't. And boy, you're gonna be in trouble for being wrong."

That's getting pretty desperate.

5. Me4Him

Me4Him New Member

1Jo 4:8 God is love.

At least I'm not so ignorant as to place a "LIMIT" on "God" or his "LOVE",

And I know God won't approve of it either.

Joh 3:16 For God so loved the world,

6. npetreley

npetreley New Member

You got me. I'm ignorant, and believe God picked only a few people to save because he really gets the most joy from damning the rest to hell even though they don't deserve to go there. That's the free willer definition of Calvinism, right? If I got anything wrong in my definition, just correct me and accuse me of the right crimes and I'll freely confess. There's no sense denying anything to you, since you have the spirit and know all.

7. epistemaniac

epistemaniac New Member

thanks for the heads up CalviBaptist... I apologize for not seeing the work you had already done in regard to the word "world" elsewhere... perhaps 2 or 3 witnesses may somehow be used of God..?? I will try not to duplicate your work, yet I feel constrained ( ;) ) to continue to proclaim the truth of the scriptures regarding the doctrines of grace and God's electing love.... I hope that is cool with y`all... [​IMG]

blessings,
    Ken