1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Where does Cheney put his money?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by James_Newman, Mar 13, 2007.

1. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

2. Terry_Herrington

Terry_Herrington New Member

I would guess that now he puts it is Dubai.

3. TomVols

TomVols New Member

1. I read Kiplinger's regularly, and haven't seen the article mentioned in this link. where is that article?
    2. I thought Cheyney, Bush, Clinton, Gore, etc. had to put their money in blind trusts just to avoid this kind of thing?

4. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

1. Linkie

Oh well... At least we know more about where he stands huh?
    (not that we ever had a doubt with him or Bush)

Jamie

5. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

Sounds like more evidence of betrayal from "our leaders". Prepare for third-world Amerika and keep looking up.

"Divers weights, and divers measures, both of them are alike abomination to the LORD." - Proverbs 20:10

6. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    #6 carpro, Mar 13, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2007
  7. 2 Timothy2:1-4

2 Timothy2:1-4 New Member

In his wallet.

8. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

S.O.P.

When hit with some facts that don't look so good, joke and carry on like it never happen, and hope that it goes away...

We have seen this procedure time and time again with this group when we're talking about this White House.

Oh well.. some things never really change do they?

Jamie

9. 2 Timothy2:1-4

Get real. A left wing article published by a left wing site with a left wing agenda making unfounded assumptions why Cheney has invested the way he has. It is silly, falls awfully close to libel, and deserves no intelligent consideration.

10. Terry_Herrington

Terry_Herrington New Member

Anything that doesn't agree with your preconceived notions is always labeled ''Liberal." I guess this is easier than actually commenting on the facts.

For you and Carpro, this administration can do no wrong.:rolleyes:

11. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

What do you propose we do about it, Jamie? You don't see making jokes as a good answer, so you must have something in mind that we should be doing. We don't have an opportunity to vote them out of office and I don't see this generating any kind of impeachment process, so what are we to do other than a) make jokes, or b) sigh in disgust at the "leaders" that we elected? Or, we can do both a) and b). :)

12. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

Well, your point falls way short since this article was first found in Kiplinger. Do you know of, or have you ever heard of Kiplinger?

Maybe you should do a little background work before you jump the gun with these far fetched ideas of yours.

Jamie

13. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

You are correct in that there is nothing we can do about it. But that shouldn't stop people from knowing the truth. Hard working people that invest their moneies in our country, and yet he is banking on failure.

That, my friend is no joking matter and we will see that it's not in the coming years.

Jamie
    History always tells the truth...

14. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

There are things that can be done on an individual level to prepare. One potentially prudent move would be to get out of the Federal Reserve Monopoly money and put that paper into something that will have value after the "dollar" collapses.

15. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Kiplinger is not left wing by any stretch. And how is this news? Both Bush and Cheney's financial managers (who act independently) have each in age-appropriate investment vehicles.

Naturally, the hacks on the left see this as more cannon fodder. It isn't. Blind trusts are just that. Seems like smart financial advice for two sets of aging soon-to-be retirees.

I'm curious as to the portfolio holdings of those who are so "outraged" by this. I would bet that you have similar holdings in each of your portfolios.

One piece of advice to all. Seek a competent financial advisor for your retirement needs. Don't count on SS to bail you out. Take control of your financial future.

16. 2 Timothy2:1-4

ConterPunch is left wing. Mike Whitney is left wing. And this article could not be found in the archives of Kiplinger. Where I assume it would be since it was written in July of last year. MY point is made and validated.

17. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sheer speculation.

When you can prove that Cheney actually directs where his investments have gone for the past 6 years, you might have a point to make.

Until then...:rolleyes:

18. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

Go look at the link I provided. It's from Kiplinger's site.

No point made or validated other than to show that you are not even bothering to read the links or articles posted...

Jamie

19. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

Isn't that exactly what you were and still are doing with the Democrat led congress? The election didn't even grow cold before you started to spout off. So don't talk to me about speculation. It's one of your many games.

Until then what? Wait until we find out the truth and that the dollar is going to get hit? By then it's too late.

It's ashame you guys can't even take a well written article and discuss it rather than just mock and joke about it. As I said before history never lies... time will tell.

Jamie

20. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

Thanks Tom for at least having the backbone to tell it like it is. People do need to watch out for themselves, and not expect SS to take care of everything.

In doing so, people need to be informed, and this article, in my opinion will help guide some people to have a better view of their investments. It's not "news" per sec, but it's good to know to be prepared.

At Wal-Mart, when I worked for them as a manager, one of their "moto's" to keep us going onward and upward was the five P's, and I still use this today.

Proper Planning Prevents Poor Performance. Sounds corny until you put it to use, and see it's true.

This article helps people know more and plan better.

Jamie