1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Where I agree with Reformed

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by evangelist6589, Jul 15, 2012.

1. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am dispensationalist and generally do not agree with Reformed in eschatology, Limited Atonement, and a few other areas. However I will hand this one to them and that is their trust of God to bring the converts (Ac 13) their trust in the sufficiency and power of the scripture (Ps 19, Heb 4:12, Isa 55) and their ability to continue to do evangelism even if they see no fruit. I am broad-brushing here, but necessary. Talked with a friend whom also is in my church and went on a trip to Utah to evangelize to Mormons. He did not see a single Mormon leave his temple, but regardless he went anyway and was glad he did. He thinks as I do and that God brings the converts (Ac 13). We may be rogue evangelist, but we follow God and not a church. They say there is no "fruit" and wont support us, but we follow God and not a church.

2. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    EV,
    Sometimes God uses us to bring a message of salvation, and sometimes to seal the doom of the reprobate. the word of God is a two edged sword.
    We obey God and faithfully proclaim His word. he uses it as He sees fit;

3. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Like you, I hold to Dispy views, but also do see the truths of the reformed doctrines of grace for salvation of sinners, and do see how they casn have confidence that SOMEONE will be saved by the Lord whena message given or taught!