1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Where I Go for Spiritual Refuge!

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by righteousdude2, Oct 9, 2012.

1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    With the world seemingly growing worse each day, there is one thing we as His children can always be assured of and that is found in Psalm 91:4. And because the entire chapter gives meaning to the fullest content of this one verse, I have included it for your strength, comfort and edification in the midst of trials and tribulations.

Never forget that this particular Psalm is an exhortation for His children in time of personal struggles. It is often called the Psalm of refuge [refuge in times of physical, emotional, mental marital, health, financial and above all, spiritual concerns].

Psalm 91 - The Message (MSG)

You who sit down in the High God’s presence, spend the night in Shaddai’s shadow, Say this: “God, you’re my refuge. I trust in you and I’m safe!” That’s right—he rescues you from hidden traps, shields you from deadly hazards.

His huge outstretched arms protect you—under them you’re perfectly safe; his arms fend off all harm. Fear nothing—not wild wolves in the night, not flying arrows in the day, Not disease that prowls through the darkness, not disaster that erupts at high noon.

Even though others succumb all around, drop like flies right and left, no harm will even graze you. You’ll stand untouched, watch it all from a distance, watch the wicked turn into corpses. Yes, because God’s your refuge, the High God your very own home, Evil can’t get close to you, harm can’t get through the door.

He ordered his angels [the same angels we will one day have charge over - 1 Cor. 6:3] to guard you wherever you go. If you stumble, they’ll catch you; their job is to keep you from falling. You’ll walk unharmed among lions and snakes, and kick young lions and serpents from the path.

In conclusion, be strong my brothers and sisters, you are the children of the King!

Shalom!