1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Where is satans Kingdom and is it Still in force?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by revmwc, May 14, 2015.

1. Darrell C

Darrell C Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And by the way...I will pray for your husband.

God bless.

2. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

Of course Revelation being written as you say in Apocalyptic literature we can see it as the book of redemption for land. That is how the people of that time would have understood it and knew it was a book of Redemption. That is how we are to take the Apocalyptic genre that it was written. So it is clearly shown right here in this verse in Apocalyptic Genre.

3. blessedwife318

blessedwife318 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well as far as I can tell most Covenant Theologians are Amill in their eschatology. My husband really has not studied eschatology so he does not take a hard stance, but he is very much against Dispensationalism (Which made for quite the discussion when he discovered that I was dispensational since we were already engaged), so I decided since we were getting married I should look into his view as I think its important to be as close to the same page as much as possible.

Thanks I'm always striving to learn

Thats because I have been in transition and you were just pointing out more and more areas I needed to transition too :)

Think what you will, but I did consider myself premillennial up until today.

Agreed

Agreed which is why scripture must inform our framework not the other way around :)

Think what you will

I'm looking forward to more study of it, of course I love learning and studying :)

Yup I was blaring Into The Fire from The Scarlet Pimpernel since as I told my husband I'm jumping into the fire feet first.

True, most people don't change their MOs.

4. blessedwife318

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thank you. He has been looking since the end of Feb. Although we actually had a nibble today so hopefully that will turn into something.

5. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

That is like saying most Baptists are a-millennial in their eschatology.

Not this Baptist, lol.

And this is a false argument: dispensationalism is not exclusive to eschatology.

I am accused of be dispensationalist but my views range over a number of characterizations. I have been called just about everything under the sun because of an assumed relationship with a system.

And as far as God dealing with man through various Covenants...that cannot be denied.

So the Dispensational view is actually more Covenantal than Covenant Theology.

And one thing to keep in mind is the motivation for the creation of a number of Reformed views: hatred.

The Historical view is the result of the hatred of Catholicism. Ironically you would be hard pressed to see the difference between the two today.

Not exactly what I would call unequally yoked, but still better for a man and wife to study together and allow God to work in their hearts. It is good to be united in doctrinal views. I have seen some pretty bad results in marriages where there is division on what is really more important than you might think.

So this may be a source of the uncertainty that comes across in your posting.

Then it's time to hit the Books.

You don't research religions, you research Scripture. That is the only way you are going to abstain from being indoctrinated.

And that is precisely what is going to happen.

Not hardly. I was pointing out simple questions which demand a logical and honest response.

The thousand years cannot be denied by Historicists, and there is absolutely no way that the Rapture can occur after the Tribulation begins.

Much of Prophecy affirms the fact that God has promised, and will deliver Israel, and establish the Kingdom promised in Old Testament Prophecy. And that Kingdom is expressly spoken of in Revelation 20.

The entire Church will be raptured at one time. Those who populate that Kingdom will be physical, not glorified. We have to dismiss that Kingdom, and the reign of the Tribulation Martyrs with Christ with a specific number of years given.

I don't think so.

You can't reconcile "I am pre-millennial but I am not post or pre trib."

Christ returns before the Millennial Kingdom in the premillennial view, and unless we say that there is no Rapture until the Great White Throne, which cannot be because we already have the Tribulations Martyrs glorified (which would nullify Paul's teaching altogether), then we have to designate a time where we at least suspect the Rapture will take place.

That is your real priority, though no reason not to study along the way.

And is that what you see in defense of the Historical view?

Or do you see a repeated appeal to...Church Fathers?

You should know by now...I do.

;)

And what I think is that your letting your emotions over-ride your common sense.

If you have studied for twenty years there are just going to be some things that make it impossible for you to embrace a Historical view.

And that leaves intentional indoctrination, and if I have discerned anything about you I don't think that is something you're actually going to do.

The Bible. Strong's Online Concordance. The Holy Spirit.

All you need to understand the Word of God.

While beginners can benefit from teachers by this time you should be able to competently study and allow God to open His Word to you.

I have no clue as to what that might be.

If it's music, throw on some Casting Crowns. "I am Yours" might be a good choice.

Then turn it off and hit the Books.

After you fix dinner for your husband, of course.

;)

Not true. Everybody goes through multiple changes as they grow. Most of begin woefully ignorant and worse: full of misconceptions we taught ourselves before we were born again.

God bless.

6. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Praying.

God bless.

7. blessedwife318

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I realized I had forgotten to answer this question, even though I thought about it, and I don't want to be accused of ignoring questions :)
    We go to a SBC church. When we were engaged we lived in two different states so that made going to the same church impossible. But since getting married I moved to his state and have been going to his church which like I said is Southern Baptist. Although it is definitely Reformed and makes no apologies for that fact ;)

8. blessedwife318

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I know but he has had a bad experience with hyper-dispensationalist so he is very much against them. When he found out I was one he had this moment of panic and asking himself how he could have missed that one. He spend the first part of our correspondence just asking me doctrine questions to make sure we were on the same page.

Maybe, I'm still getting familiar with Covenant Theology since all I heard about it in Bible College was that it was heretical.

I have actually considered myself Reformed for about 6 years now and I guess that means I have just been getting everything in line with that. Get the Soteriology right and then see how that ripples across all of the other parts of Theology.

Well I think all Protestant churches regardless of their view on Calvinism came out of the Reformation so not sure what this means. And yes I do consider Baptist to be a Protestant denomination.

So have I, which is why we spend so much time making sure we were on the same page. And of course the more we study together the more we are getting onto the same page on a lot of issues.

Have to get the books first :) But I have made a list of "Kingdom" passages to review and compare with Rev. 20-22 :)

Something we can both agree on.

Well there is Mid-trib, or the even lesser known pre-wrath ;)

We will see. I will say this that being a history major, actually gave me a lot of pause to the idea of most dispensational ideas.

Agreed

Agreed

To early for dinner

Agreed

9. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

I believe you have stated it about as well as could be stated. You said it so well I think it is worth repeating with emphasis added:

10. OldRegular

Well said!

Ephesians 6:11-17
    11. Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
    12. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
    13. Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
    14. Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;
    15. And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
    16. Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
    17. And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:
    18. Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;

11. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The SBC Churches I have been associated with are all Pre-Trib premillennials.

Is yours?

God bless.

12. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    In regards to the Kingdom read the Gospels and see if you can find anything that nullifies the fact that the Gospel of Christ was a mystery before it was revealed by the Spirit of God after the Cross.

Go to Biblegateway and search "Mystery" and you'll have all the books you need for the Lord to show you something most miss.

You can utilize Strong's online Concordance as well.

I would just suggest that you get alone with God and His Word, in the Books of the Bible, not books about the Bible. The former will indoctrinate you into the Mind of Christ. The latter into the musings of men.

God bless.

13. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hey thanks! Not used to you giving compliments. Maybe there's hope for you after all.

;)

Now, back to the question you keep ignoring:

So this...

Revelation 11:15

King James Version (KJV)

15 And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.

...has already been fulfilled?

Come on, OR, show us you can answer a simple question.

I know why you do not want to, but it will be good for you to do so.

God bless.

14. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If we do not fight against flesh and blood...exactly what do we fight against?

God bless.

15. blessedwife318

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The pastor is A-mill :)

16. OldRegular

I assumed you could read the big print. My mistake!

17. OldRegular

It appears you answered your own question. So I guess we were all left behind!

18. blessedwife318

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not trying to be offensive, but do you really think you are going to tell me something I have not heard before. If when i was deep in your camp I never saw a pre-trib rapture presented in Scripture, do you think I will find it now that I have officially left your camp after moving away from it for several years?

19. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

What was the scene just before this?
    It was the two witnesses on earth prophesying for 1260 days or 42 months or 3 1/2 years. They did miracles. One of them is prophesied to be Elijah. Many others believe the other will be Moses, but we don't know for sure. They will be killed at the end of 3 1/2 years and their bodies will lie in the street for 3 1/2 days while the nations of the earth rejoice. Perhaps at a time when they will decide to bury them, then then God will give life to those bodies and they will suddenly ascend into heaven and "their enemies shall behold them."

Immediately after this event you posted the verse you have just referred to.
    It has not happened yet. It is still in the future yet. It will happen during a seven year Tribulation which will occur right before the Millennial Kingdom.

20. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Big print is not needed to show that "we wrestle against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places." (Eph.6:12)
    But you cannot ignore what is said in the second chapter of the same book.

Ephesians 2:2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:

Here we are taught that:
    Satan is the prince of the power of the air.
    He is the spirit that now works in the children of disobedience.

and here:
    2 Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.
    --He is called the "god of this world."

Christ is not presently ruling over this world, but rather Satan is the god of this world.
    Someone mentioned that Satan is not omnipresent. That is true.
    The proper term is "ubiquitous."
    It means that Satan, through his minions of demons, seems as if he is omnipresent, for his demons are everywhere.