1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Where is the Gospel in Acts 2 as the Calvinists preach it?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by mandym, Jul 21, 2012.

1. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Hos,

The solution here is not so difficult and mysterious. I think you as a thinking person know exactly what I am speaking about, don't you.

Calvinism seeks to provide a biblical solution that Intergrates all the verses together. It does not leave out....apparent difficulties.

Non cal theology does not [for the most part] seek the same level of intergration as we see often here on BB.

If a verse says ,world, or all.......non cals trip all over themselves to say...well my bible says all means all...so no sense looking beyond that:thumbsup: It said it here, it must mean that there:laugh:

Those who abuse these verses, when pressed cannot give any serious explanation that would offer any consistency to their ideas.

When Jesus said it was finished on the cross.......How did that DRAW anyone at all in the rainforest, or in the north pole......or siberia? How at that time did any man outside of the middle east be drawn...many died that very year without hearing the name Jesus.

An honest treatment of those verses does not allow for a simpleminded Pollyanna, like response...well my bible says he will draw all men.

ps,
    It is not a matter of me getting out more, or carrying strongs concordance in my back pocket,or me being unfamiliar with them.......do you think it is possible.....I might know something...or can only you "know" things?
    You seem to come up with these qualifiers when you respond to my posts.
    We can meet sometime down in ocala....I will leave strongs concordance at home, and we will see whats, what.:thumbsup:

2. HeirofSalvation

HeirofSalvation Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter