1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Where is the USA in prophecy?

Discussion in '2000-02 Archive' started by Ulsterman, Sep 8, 2002.

1. Wisdom Seeker

Wisdom Seeker New Member

Oh yes, and Brian...your link doesn't work.

2. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    Astray? Well, I'm equally to blame. Besides, I'm sure that you're the first person on the board to do that. ;)

I'm glad you brought up Newton, a fascinating study. Most folks know him only for his gravitational work; not most know he spent much of the rest of his life on cabalist work.

3. BrianT

BrianT New Member

WisdomSeeker, I don't think you went off topic really. And I'm not laughing anything off. The coin exists (is that the link that is broken? Both my links work for me), but the beast on the coin the woman is riding on is extremely different from the beast the woman is riding in Revelation.

As for the Bible codes, I have studied them quite extensively, from both sides of the argument. I am absolutely convinced they are nothing more than statistical manipulation, for *anything* (both true and false) can be found in the codes, whether you use the Bible as the base or Moby Dick (as Mathematicians have repeatedly demonstrated).

4. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    Similar to the "interpretations" of Nostradamus.

5. C.S. Murphy

C.S. Murphy New Member

In answering a question on when will Jesus return Adrian Rogers said " I don't know, I am not on the planning committee for the 2nd coming, just the welcoming committee.
    Murph

6. Ulsterman

Ulsterman New Member

This is an effort to draw everyone back into the theme of the thread: Where is the USA in prophecy? To those who wrote "post-trib, post-trib, post trib" thank you, but this thread is not primarily about the differing eschatological views. My answer to that comment, however, is 1 Thess 1:10, 1 Thess 1:10, 1 Thess 1:10. (See, even I can digress:))

Lets forget the Bible code, the euro coin etc., and come back to the key point. BrianT asked "Why should America be in Revelation?" The answer I think is obvious, the purpose of Revelation is to unveil "the things which thou hast seen, and the things which are, and the things which shall be hereafter." (Rev 1:19) If the coming of the Lord is imminent, and many expect soon, then America should fall into the "things which shall be hereafter" category. She doesn't. Why not? This is our theme, and I would encourage all of you to stick to the point.

7. BrianT

BrianT New Member

I think the simple answer is because Revelation is not about America (or Canada, or Australia or Uganda or Argentina or... ;) ). Rev's focus is not to explicitly name names, or to provide a play-book. It is meant to be both a warning and an encouragment to the church, and to reaffirm that Christ is Lord.

8. Farmer's Wife

Farmer's Wife New Member

But we ARE mentioned in Revelation!!! :mad: Three times...as a matter of fact!!! :rolleyes: (Revelation 3:12, Revelation 21:2, Revelation 21:10)

JerUSAlem

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. Wisdom Seeker

Wisdom Seeker New Member

Farmers Wife... you are funny! [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Well, here Ive come up against a brick wall. I did an extensive search, and can't find any US cities names "Prophecy". So the answer to the question "Where in the USA is Prophecy" is unknown. But as soon as I locate it, I'll let you know!!!

PS - Please Have Carmen Saniego contact me.

11. Wisdom Seeker

Wisdom Seeker New Member

It's Carmen San Diego...like the city in California... [​IMG]

I know, I know... nobody likes to be corrected. :rolleyes: [​IMG]

12. Dr Steve

Dr Steve New Member

How will heavens armies cope at the battle of Armageddon without the US marines, after all didn't they win every war their was?

13. M Wickens

M Wickens New Member

The marines don't win every war Dr Steve. Remember, dare I say it, Vietnam...

14. Maverick

Maverick Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    As a vet of that era, Bro W, the Marines and the USAF would have won that war if it weren't for stupid politicans. Our men died in vain, but they did not die in defeat. Turn our military loose and I doubt that there is not a war that we could not win unless God uses that war to destroy us for our sin.

15. mommynurse

mommynurse New Member

16. Rev. G

Rev. G New Member

The United States is nowhere to be found. Doesn't that dent our national pride?

Rev. G

17. Daniel David

Daniel David New Member

18. Rev. G

Rev. G New Member

I guess you're right... Nothing seems to dent our national pride, not even our wickedness and rebellion in the sight of God. God help us!

Rev. G

19. Ransom

Ransom Active Member

mommynurse beat me to it, responding to WisdomSeeker's claim that "[t]here is a picture of the woman riding the beast on the coin..."

Greece is the only country that has this woman on the beast on the back of a Euro...it is on the 2 Euro.

Furthermore, the woman riding the bull is copied from an ancient mosaic; it is a traditional depiction of Europa (after whom Europe is named) being carried away by Zeus, in the form of a bull.

Classical mythology is arguably as good a source as any to find inspiration for your coinage, and this particular story happens to be fitting to both a Greek and European coin.

Grant Jeffrey may find prophetic significance in it, though. (shrug)

20. Maverick

Maverick Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Europe being controlled by a beast sounds interesting to me. There are lots of myths they could have used, but this one does at least have a shadow of prophecy to it just like Hitler marking the Jews and such.