1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Where is "worship" one of the purposes of the assembly?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by PrimePower7, Jul 7, 2008.

1. Allan

Allan Active Member

I'll weigh in here with my point.

Worship is what one does every moment of everyday whether they are know they are or not.

And just as a person worships God in all that they do so to does the 'body' of Christ as one being in Christ.

In one sense we come together corporately to worship God typically through praise/songs, giving, prayer, study, and preaching. Remembering that worship not only what but also why.

However, in another very real sense we are 'bringing' our worship as individuals together into one unified body to be examined by God as whole. Our worship is our life and we are not the church individually but corporately and just as God examines our lives/worship individually He must also do so corporately.

Most times we don't consider that what we do is not only done in or on our own behalf but it is alos (as a beleiver) done in and on behalf of that body of believers called the church as well.

Thus it makes sense to understand that worship is not for our benifit of course but God's both corporately and individually. The best understanding of true worship I know is this: being devoted to the point of being absolutely consumed with your master.

2. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Very well put Allan..........:thumbs: