1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Where was ADAM when EVE was deceived?

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by dianetavegia, Feb 6, 2005.

1. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

No, I don't. Sorry!

2. Eladar

Eladar New Member

That's OK, I remember you.

Besides, I don't think you liked me much, at least you didn't like my "Are these Guys Baptists" thread.

3. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Ah.... seems Pat Robertson was listed as Baptist and we disagreed. [​IMG] I like ALMOST everyone but may not like their views. ;)

4. donnA

donnA Active Member

No but the most popular and most widely used versions do.

NKJV Gen 3:6So when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree desirable to make one wise, she took of its fruit and ate. She also gave to her husband with her, and he ate.

ASV Gen3:6And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was a delight to the eyes, and that the tree was to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat; and she gave also unto her husband with her, and he did eat.

KJV Gen3:6And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.

NRSV Gen3:6So when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was a delight to the eyes, and that the tree was to be desired to make one wise, she took of its fruit and ate; and she also gave some to her husband, who was with her, and he ate.

The Webster Bible Gen3:6 And when the woman saw that the tree [was] good for food, and that it [was] pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make [one] wise; she took of its fruit, and ate, and gave also to her husband with her, and he ate.

This one verse tells us,
    1. She saw the tree
    2. Saw that the fruit looked good for food
    3. The food was pretty enough to eat
    4. Was desirable
    5. Believed it would make her wise
    6. took and ate the fruit
    7. and handed it to her husband who was (quote) with her

Wesley is Methodist, you are not.
    The Douay-Rheims Bible is RCC and you are not.

5. padredurand

padredurand Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wesley was an Anglican.

6. donnA

donnA Active Member

So sorry,but he isn't Baptist, which is what Diane is. And that was my point.

7. tamborine lady

tamborine lady Active Member

[​IMG]

Dianet said:If a woman has 'married' 4 or 5 men and divorced them for non Biblical reasons, to whom is she ONE FLESH?

Answer: All of them.

Peace,

Tam

8. donnA

donnA Active Member

Wesley was an Anglican. </font>[/QUOTE]http://gbgm-umc.org/umhistory/wesley/
    http://www.raptureme.com/resource/wesley/john_wesley.html
    http://www.drew.edu/books/200Years/part1/005.htm

http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/REwesley.htm

http://www.brycchancarey.com/abolition/wesley.htm

He may have started out Angelican, but he started the Methodist church, he is Methodist, like I said.

9. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

I wonder if any of our scholars have done a word study on 'her husband, with her'.

If Adam was with Eve, then either he lied about what God had said about the tree, allowed Eve to lie, was not spiritual head, was weak and certainly wasn't a very good 'image of God' man.

I believe and have been taught that the scripture is saying she ate the fruit, took some to her husband and when he was with her, she showed him that she had eaten and not died...

2 Corinthians 11:3
    But I fear, lest somehow, as the serpent deceived Eve by his craftiness, so your minds may be corrupted from the simplicity* that is in Christ.

If Adam were standing there, would he not have also have been deceived?

1 Timothy 2:14
    And Adam was not deceived, but the woman was deceived and transgressed.

10. Pennsylvania Jim

Pennsylvania Jim New Member

From verse 6 it is clear that Adam was with her when she gave him the fruit (which would b e obvious anyway). But it is not clear that Adam was present when Satan tempted Eve. Within the context of the whole account, it seems more likely that Adam was not present, but that eve sinned, and then went to Adam and gave the fruit to him.

Jusy my two cents.

11. donnA

donnA Active Member

Prehaps if Adam was there he was not decieved into eating he just made the informed choice to disobey God.

12. Dina

Dina New Member

That is what I think Donna, Eve was deceived, Adam willfully disobeyed. He was there, as the Bible says.

13. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

Although Eve hadn't died instantly, God did say she would die, and Adam believed that. He loved Eve and chose to die with her rather than live alone.

I suspect that he wasn't there to hear the conversation between Eve and the serpent, but he probably wasn't too far away.

14. Eladar

Eladar New Member

So you are saying that Adam chose Eve over God?

I've never heard that one.

15. TC

TC Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Apostle Paul writes that Adam was not deceived (2 Timothy 2:14). That means he willfully sinned for some reason.

16. gopchad

gopchad New Member

Probably walking the dog, taking out the trash, fixing the screen door, or any other of dozens of honey do chores...

"And Adam taketh the refuse of Eve his wife to the land where she had before appointed it to be taken (just one of his divers tasks); and Adam leaveth Eve his wife alone in the Garden." - Hezekiah 14:7 :D [​IMG]
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    just kidding of course so no angry replies please. [​IMG]

17. donnA

donnA Active Member

18. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying. I've actually heard this more than once from different preachers.

19. donnA

donnA Active Member

I think Adam choose what he wanted over God, he choose himself and his wants over God, which is what people do everyday.

20. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Or Adam trusted Eve more than he believed God.

I still contend that Adam was not with Eve when she was tempted and deceived.