1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Where Were You Baptized?

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by tyndale1946, Apr 3, 2016.

1. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We know according to scripture that Jesus was baptized in the river Jordan.... I myself was baptized in our family church baptistery. Being from California a preacher friend of mine from the Imperial Valley members of his church have been baptized in Irrigation Canals... I've heard others baptized in rivers, creeks, lakes and ponds and our previous pastor was baptized in the Pacific Ocean. The mode as far as I know never changes but the locale does... Since there is also the Atlantic Ocean has anyone been baptized in it?... As the Ethiopian said to Philip long ago here is water what doth hinder me to be baptized?... If thou believest with all thy heart thou mayest. And he answered and said unto him I , I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God. You also did and were!... So did the place you were baptized hold a special meaning?... Was the church or place or the locale different or unusual?... Were you baptized in another country?... We all have our baptism stories to tell... If you were baptized what is yours?... Brother Glen

2. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    As a new Christian I attended my first bible conference in Arie Crown Theater, Chicago IL.
    I was baptized in a portable pool off stage sometime in the early 1970's.

Rob

3. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I was baptized in my church's baptismal when I was 13 years old on a Sunday in August 1971. (I've got the certificate somewhere in my house.)

4. tyndale1946

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A portable pool!... Rob that also came to my mind after I posted the OP... Brother Glen

5. tyndale1946

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You were baptized as a youngster... I was baptized on my return from Vietnam at the age of 22... Some were baptized early and some were baptized much later but we all have a story... Speaking of the baptismal certificate I have no idea where mine is!... Brother Glen

6. Rob_BW

Rob_BW Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I got sprinkled in the front pew at church. I was baptized in a member's underground pool.

7. tyndale1946

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well we have two for the baptistery, and two for the pool!... Sprinkled then baptized?... Never heard that one before!... Come on Christians tell us your baptism story don't be embarrassed... Brother Glen

8. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I was sprinkled as an infant in a Lutheran church, then baptized as a teenager. So that's at least two of us.

9. Kevin

Kevin Active Member

I was sprinkled when a baby, and then dunked in the Church when I was a teen.

10. Rob_BW

Rob_BW Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, I was an anabaptist before I was a baptist.
    Grandma went to a Lutheran church, you're making me wonder if I'm missing a baptism.