1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Where Will the Obamas Worship?

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by ktn4eg, Jan 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Could not agree with you more. I have plenty of valid, substantial reasons to not 'rally around the Obama throne' without supporting the whimsical fancies of a crackpot Democrat lawyer who thinks the world should arrest President Bush.

I am certain that the Obamas will NOT worship at a mosque.

2. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

3. Enoch

Enoch New Member

Where will Obama worship...

Well he could start his own state church and people who already worship him could be his congregation.

4. donnA

donnA Active Member

If a person belives there atre other ways to heaven, then which way are they trusting to get them there. Just becasue one 'beleives' in Jesus means nothing. I spent 27 yrs 'believing' in Him, but wasn't saved. He claims to have been a christian for what is it, 20 years. Should a 20 yr christian know something about salvation? Should there be at least enough maturity that they've learned from scripture there is no other way but Jesus.

5. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Exactly. I read the interview from the Chicago Sun and it is pretty clear to me that Obama is a cultural Christian and that is about it.

6. donnA

donnA Active Member

A cultural christian is no christian at all, but adly some will accept anyone saved or not as christian. Even worse then easy beleiveism.

7. NaasPreacher (C4K)

You are correct. In this he is no better that Pres Bush who believed the same thing.

Here's a thought, can men like that truly 'worship?

8. donnA

donnA Active Member

No.
    Who or what are they worshipping? If men can get themselves to heaven by following any man made road, then aren't they really worshipping themselves, Certainly not the God of salvation who that heaven belongs too.

Had a though on this today.
    If he believe many roads lead to heaven, what about the muslim way to heaven does it lead to heaven also? If so then he believes killing christians can get one to heaven and it's as legitimate as Jesus.

9. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Political expediency which is why a true Christian will never make POTUS...

10. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The better question is "Whom will he worship?"

11. NaasPreacher (C4K)

I truly think Obama is a secular humanist - perhaps our first truly secular humanist president.

I was talking to a co-worker today. This a lady in her mid-50s who professes some kind of vague spirituality of nature and such. She agreed that Obama did not coem across as having any kind of 'spirituality'.

His first act was to call Americans to a reconciliation to each other - very humanistic in its nature.

12. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Interesting.................

13. NaasPreacher (C4K)

That may be why he sees all religion as equal. Secular humanists fo recognise that 'religion' plays a role in society, they can't deny it. It is possible to be a non-theist and still see religion as a factual part of life.

this phrase, 'and call upon all of our citizens to serve one another and the common purpose of remaking this Nation for our new century.' just really rang of humanism.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.