1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Where's the hangout?

Discussion in 'Youth Forum' started by SaggyWoman, Aug 18, 2001.

1. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

Where do your teens hang out?

2. Jesse

Jesse New Member

This sumer with work I haven't had much time for hanging out but otherwise we used to go to malls and the local music store mostly.

3. John Wells

John Wells New Member

Our kids (3) run with other kids from our church and their Christian school which is operated by our church. Our 17 year old senior son bounces between our house and four to five other church/school kid's homes. They go to movies some. They are all on fire for the Lord and do church youth group and play basketball several nights a week at the church family life center gym. They don't "hang out at malls," and I'm glad.

My wife and I are blessed and at total peace with who our kids associate with. In their earlier formative years, they ocassionally made questionable choices of who to hang out with, and we challenged them. "Why would you want to hang out with that person?" we would ask. Of course we are very much involved with their lives. Now they are becoming discerning and telling us, "I don't hang around that kid because of the way he/she acts (not all kids who go to Christian schools are living their lives for Jesus by a long shot)!" I'm not bragging, but for parents, walking the walk along with talking the talk makes all the difference in the world. ;)

4. MOTHY34

MOTHY34 New Member

Do not mean to sound prideful but at my church,we are there all the time so we do not have to go somewere to hang. we are there five days out of seven. It is real cool. the only other place we go is eachothers house. (with adult supervision)
    Oh ,and Six Flags.

Mothy34

5. gabba

gabba Guest

me hangs out at the Palladium every friday nights from 7;30 pm , playing Progressive House, Pulsating Tekno, Pumping House and Hard House anthems...

Dj's mixing, dj's mixing...

6. myreflection26

myreflection26 New Member

The teens in our church either go out to the mall or the local coffee house. The big hang outs are ususally places where they can rollerblade but depending on the age...the mall/coffee house

Sue

7. Grace

Grace New Member

We are really blessed with a lady who lets us come over almost any time we want to. She is always there. She says that she would rather have us over there than out doing whatever. Even us college students are over there a lot. She's the greatest and we all love her.

8. i_love_ducati

i_love_ducati New Member

Alot of times we just go somewhere where we can just sit and talk, basically just relax away from parents. Ooops...did i say that out loud? Mostly that was friends houses, and Starbucks.

9. myreflection26

myreflection26 New Member

yeah, kids need time away from parents and even time away from any authority (God excluded) time to relax and talk about stuff.

Sue