1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Which century has produced more Chrisitan music than other centuries?

Discussion in 'Music Ministry' started by mr. messy, Aug 11, 2004.

1. mr. messy

mr. messy New Member

Has the 20th century produced more Christian music than other centuries? I do not know and don't know how to compare these things. Which countries or languages (other than English) have produced more music than the English speaking countries in the 20th century? I just thought of these questions. I am limited due to my own lack of knowledge. I have not tried to research the subject on the internet. I am open to subjections. Does this topic need to be posted in a different area of the Baptist Board? Thanks for reading. Mr. Messy

2. SpiritualMadMan

SpiritualMadMan New Member

In sheer volume I would agree that this Century has produces more 'Christian' Music...

But, as the debate rages as to what comprises 'Christian' Music...

Maybe there hasn't been any at all created this Century? :D

3. Pete

Pete New Member

...And here I was trying to be good and hold off making that remark, and SMM does it :( ;) :D

G'day and welcome Mr. Messy [​IMG]

I'ld say the 1900-2000 period would have been peak (so far) in quantity (I won't mention quality ;) ) simply due to a lot more people on planet...And as Fanny Crosby lived until 1915 I'ld guess a few of her 8-9,000 hymns would have been written in that time.

Then again the 1900s might not be too far ahead, Charles Wesley did all of his 6000 or so between 1707-88.

Do we count all the versions of the same song "I love you baby...er...I mean Jesus! Oh yeah!" as different songs in final tally? ;)

4. mr. messy

mr. messy New Member

Thank you all for your comments. Mr. Messy.