1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Which church do you clame membership to?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Jacob Dahlen, Apr 18, 2006.

?
  1. Orthodoxy

100.0%
  2. Heterodoxy

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Chemnitz

Chemnitz New Member

Bob, what are you smoking? Nobody is talking about the RCC or at least I am not.

If I am wrong prove me wrong, but then you can't since I have Greek Grammars that back me up. BTW Daniel Wallace the guy who wrote the particular grammar I cited is a prof at Dallas Theological Seminary.

2. Matt Black

Matt Black Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

It's OK: as far as Bob is concerned everyone is talking about and in league with those evil Romanists if they don't agree with him.

3. mman

mman New Member

I'm not missing Rom 10. Rom 10 does not negate Mark 16:16 or I Pet 3:21, but is in perfect and complete harmony. Rom 10 comes after Rom 6 where he has discussed in detail how we get INTO Christ and how we come in contact with His death.

I Pet 3:21 tells us exactly how we make an appeal to God, and that is through baptism!

As for Rom 10 do we have an examples of anyone calling on the name of the Lord? Yes we do, in Acts 22:16, "Arise and be baptized and wash away your sins calling on the name of the Lord".

See Rom 10, Rom 6 and I Pet 3:21 are all in complete harmony.

4. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Rom 10 does not negate Mark 16:16 or I Pet 3:21, but is in perfect and complete harmony.

Now there - see? We agree on seomthing.

Romans 10 starts off with the need to believe and confess. That had to have already been done long before the "freedom" mentioned in Romans 6 and even the crisis of Romans 7 and the "Walking in the Spirit and puting to death the deeds of the flesh" of Romans 8. All those had to have happened long AFTER the Romans 10 act of "Belief" and confession in verbal expression.

The question remains -- "But can you really believe that the lost person does not decide to appeal to God for a clean conscience until his head touches the water?"

"As many as BELIEVED" were baptized!

Acts 19:18
    Many also of those who had believed kept coming, confessing and disclosing their practices.

IN Christ,

Bob

5. mman

mman New Member

BobRyan:

Which of the following statements are true:

1)"He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved"
    or
    2)He that believeth and is saved shall be baptized

And

1)"Baptism now saves you"
    or