1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Which comes first-cleansing or repentance?

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by SaggyWoman, Aug 23, 2005.

1. bapmom

bapmom New Member

but RFW,

God still held them accountable. Being "held accountable" for the outcome of your sin does not mean that you are not saved.

2. Dina

Dina New Member

Do you get cleaned up to take a bath?

3. Bapmom.....Ok I hope that is what he was saying [​IMG] Personally I'm looking forward to seeing Adam and Eve in Heaven along with David and all the other great saints of God.

4. NomadsWife

NomadsWife New Member

I have been taught and believe that you first come to repentance, then you are cleansed. We cannot cleanse ourselves, only God can cleanse us. The Holy Spirit convicts us of our sin, we repent, and God cleanses us from all unrighteousness.

NomadsWife

5. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Cleansing is 100% of God and is part of the work of the HS in our lives when God chooses to regenerate us.
    Now, of course, the work of God in salvation ALWAYS precedes the response of man. So the saving/cleansing/regenerating of us is God's work actually giving us the ability to believe by faith (couldn't previously; dead men can't, you know!).

6. Plain Old Bill

Plain Old Bill New Member

Well said FDr. Bob.
    By the way hows your new church doing?