1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Which Conversion Would Impress You the Most?

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by Jamal5000, Jun 17, 2003.

1. NarrowWay

NarrowWay New Member

Please cite the things about Hillary that are Christlike. BTW, Jesus didn't espouse "progressive social causes" nor the idea that man's gov't should be his source of salvation, temporal or otherwise. </font>[/QUOTE]Jesus was not onlu NOT a conservative, He was a Radical Liberal. Also, please provide a quote from Hilary in which she says that the government is her salvation.

2. NarrowWay

NarrowWay New Member

What evidence are you referring to that demonstrates Hilary is not a Christian?

3. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Dr Laura Schlessinger is a practicing Jew, but also accepts Jesus as Messiah and Savior. While not openly professing, I believe has met the requirements of salvation.

4. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not in any since that we would recognize the term "liberal" today. In fact, he was very much a "conservative" as He came to fulfill that which was prophecied in the past but also to oppose the "creeping liberalism" that added to the Law that God had established.

Liberals today seem intent on carrying our Constitution beyond the original intent. Conservatives, actually libertarians of various labels, wish to halt that progression and restore the original system and spirit.

The Jews of Christ day had added to the law in such a way as to empower themselves and justify their immorality. Christ corrected them to the original intent and spirit.

Are you implying in your question that her general philosophy of government is not premised upon the notion that "good" gov't can correct societies ills? That there are certain people in our society with the wisdom and high-minded virtue to dictate what is best for us as individuals?

I remember the health care debacle and also an idea that she and Bill promoted to federally fund day care- directly penalizing families that chose for mom to stay at home by increasing their tax burden with no reciprocating benefit... of course unless mom went to work and achieved the feminist ideal of fulfillment. BTW, where federal money goes, federal rules go... I don't really think I want government bureaucrats telling children's caregivers what values are to be instilled. The hand that rocks the cradle... Hillary's ideal would be for liberal gov't elitists to rock that cradle.

5. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

JV,
    If you can copy and paste or link me up to anything on the web where Hilary ever gives glory to her God and Savior Jesus Christ in public I'll vote for her in the next presidential election. (fingers crossed ;) )

6. Johnv

Johnv New Member

I thought salvation was accepting Christ as savior. Now you're saying that that's not enough. It's a good thing I follow Jesus' teachings and not yours.

7. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

THe biblical description is Lord (cf. ACts 16:31; Rom 10:9-10; etc.). No one here is saying that is not enough. The Bible clearly teaches that when this is done, there are evidences that appear in a person's life. If you follow the teachings of Jesus, this should sound familiar to you.

8. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

No Johnv. Jesus said "Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you."

That is how you recieve eternal life. A good Roman Catholic like you should know that.

9. Matthew 16:24

Matthew 16:24 New Member

Johnv,
    Jesus’s teaching?

WHOSOEVER HE BE OF YOU THAT FORSAKETH NOT ALL THAT HE HATH, HE CANNOT BE MY DISCIPLE-Lk 14:33.

Jesus, Who says, you are saved by grace "for the purpose" of serving the living God. As it is written, Heb 9:14-HOW MUCH MORE SHALL THE BLOOD OF CHRIST, WHO THROUGH THE ETERNAL SPIRIT OFFERED HIMSELF WITHOUT SPOT TO GOD, PURGE YOUR CONSCIENCE FROM DEAD WORKS TO SERVE THE LIVING GOD?
    He tells us, WE ARE...CREATED IN CHRIST JESUS UNTO GOOD WORKS, WHICH GOD HATH BEFORE ORDAINED-Eph 2:10.
    BUT NOW BEING MADE FREE FROM SIN, AND BECOME SERVANTS TO GOD, YE HAVE YOUR FRUIT UNTO HOLINESS, AND THE END EVERLASTING LIFE-Ro 6:22.

PRESENT YOUR BODIES A LIVING SACRIFICE, HOLY, ACCEPTABLE UNTO GOD, WHICH IS YOUR REASONABLE SERVICE-Ro 12:1. GATHER MY SAINTS TOGETHER UNTO ME; THOSE THAT HAVE MADE A COVENANT WITH ME BY SACRIFICE-Ps 50:5.

He says deny yourself-ref Lk 9:23. KNOWING THIS, THAT OUR OLD MAN (our old desires are)...CRUCIFIED WITH HIM-Ro 6:6. I AM CRUCIFIED WITH CHRIST-Gal 2:20. AND THEY THAT ARE CHRIST’S (or that are saved) HAVE (past tense) CRUCIFIED THE FLESH WITH THE AFFECTIONS AND LUSTS-Gal 5:24.
    LAY NOT UP FOR YOURSELVES TREASURES UPON EARTH, WHERE MOTH AND RUST DOTH CORRUPT, AND WHERE THIEVES BREAK THROUGH AND STEAL: BUT LAY UP FOR YOURSELVES TREASURES IN HEAVEN, WHERE NEITHER MOTH NOR RUST DOTH CORRUPT, AND WHERE THIEVES DO NOT BREAK THROUGH NOR STEAL: FOR WHERE YOUR TREASURE IS, THERE WILL YOUR HEART BE ALSO-Mt 6:19-21. SET YOUR AFFECTION ON THINGS ABOVE, NOT ON THINGS ON THE EARTH-Col 3:2.
    THEY THAT ARE CHRIST’S HAVE CRUCIFIED THE FLESH-Gal 5:24. He also says, IF ANY MAN DEFILE THE TEMPLE OF GOD, HIM SHALL GOD DESTROY; FOR THE TEMPLE OF GOD IS HOLY, WHICH TEMPLE YE ARE-1 Cor 3:17. This Jesus also says, I WILL SET NO WICKED THING BEFORE MINE EYES: I HATE THE WORK OF THEM THAT TURN ASIDE; IT SHALL NOT CLEAVE TO ME-Ps 101:3

NOT EVERY ONE THAT SAITH UNTO ME, LORD, LORD, SHALL ENTER INTO THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN; BUT HE THAT DOETH THE WILL OF MY FATHER WHICH IS IN HEAVEN-Mt 7:21

VERILY I SAY UNTO YOU, EXCEPT YE BE CONVERTED, AND BECOME AS LITTLE CHILDREN, YE SHALL NOT ENTER INTO THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN-Mt 18:3. BE YE TRANSFORMED BY THE RENEWING OF YOUR MIND-Ro 12:2. For you are to put NEW WINE...INTO NEW BOTTLES-Lk 5:38; and PUT OFF CONCERNING THE FORMER CONVERSATION THE OLD MAN, WHICH IS CORRUPT ACCORDING TO THE DECEITFUL LUSTS; AND BE RENEWED IN THE SPIRIT OF YOUR MIND; AND THAT YE PUT ON THE NEW MAN, WHICH AFTER GOD IS CREATED IN RIGHTEOUSNESS AND TRUE HOLINESS-Eph 4:22-24

the Holy Ghost (salvation) is given TO THEM THAT OBEY HIM-ref Acts 5:32. His Word tells us, HE BECAME THE AUTHOR OF ETERNAL SALVATION (only to a select few) UNTO ALL THEM THAT OBEY HIM-Heb 5:9

NO ONE WHO CONTINUES TO SIN HAS EITHER SEEN HIM OR KNOWN HIM-1 Jn 3:6 NIV

Back on topic, All of the above

10. John Wells

John Wells New Member

Thanks Matthew! Saved me having to research most of the same verses that had come to my mind as I read this thread. I see over and over again in threads all over this board a few major problems:

Repentance: Many feel they can claim the name of Jesus and His gift of salvation without "turning from" their bondage and natural inclination to sin, and seeking the freedom from that bondage that the indwelling Holy Spirit provides. I call it "People wanting a Savior but not a Lord!" Satan loves it when people claim the name of Jesus but do not surrender to His lordship and become new creations. They still belong to him (Satan)!

Attributes of God: If more people studied and took seriously the attributes of God that are revealed in the Bible, they might not get off the path in their "walk." "Holy" and "Righteous" are good starts, because when one understands that God, by His nature, cannot allow sin in His presence, then they would not feel free to "remain in their sins."

Transformation: Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will. (Romans 12:2) Without the first one (Repentance) taking place, this one won't either! :eek:

Fruit (evidence of salvation): Produce fruit in keeping with repentance. (Matthew 3:8)
    By their fruit you will recognize them.

Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles? Likewise every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit. Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them. (Matthew 7:16-20)

Obedience: The book of James! Therefore, get rid of all moral filth and the evil that is so prevalent and humbly accept the word planted in you, which can save you.

Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says. Anyone who listens to the word but does not do what it says is like a man who looks at his face in a mirror and, after looking at himself, goes away and immediately forgets what he looks like. (James 1:21-24)

Jesus straightened up and asked her, “Woman, where are they? Has no one condemned you?”
    “No one, sir,” she said.
    “Then neither do I condemn you,” Jesus declared. “Go now and leave your life of sin.” (John 8:10-11)

Jesus replied, “If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching. My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him. He who does not love me will not obey my teaching. These words you hear are not my own; they belong to the Father who sent me. (John 14:23-24)

An alcoholic cannot continue to be a drunkard. An adulterer cannot continue to practice sexual promiscuity. GLBTs cannot continue in their sexual perversion. To do so reveals, by their fruit, that they really do not love Jesus. They may emotionally refute this claim, but men's hearts and emotions can be deceiving, even to themselves. Our actions reveal the true condition of our hearts. Jesus and James clearly teach this.

11. John Wells

John Wells New Member

[ June 29, 2003, 07:18 AM: Message edited by: John Wells ]