1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Which Countries Are Our True Allies?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by saturneptune, Feb 4, 2014.

1. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

I think things will go lots better if we forget the past, which I admit I caused most of it.

2. JohnDeereFan

JohnDeereFan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yeah, you said that already.

Take out the "most of" part, and I agree with you.

3. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

I want you to know that I appreciate the posts with you this morning, and want this trend to continue. I understand the time that has passed since this started is going to take time to work out of. Did you check that PM? Anyway, regardless, I feel much better.

4. JohnDeereFan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, I did check that PM and, for the third time, it's still you.

To be honest, I don't really care how you feel. I'm just waiting to see how long it will be until you're back to your old tricks.

On second thought, it hasn't really been long enough to call them "old tricks", has it?

5. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

I sent you a PM this morning, but the day you said I did, I did not. You say you do not care how I feel. That is extremely hurtful. Look, I do know what else to do. Lets just go our separate ways, and I will leave you alone. It is obvious this is not going to work. I wish you only the best.

6. RIPP0NWV

RIPP0NWV New Member

You just flat out lied to SN. I got an infraction for the PM sent to you on the day in question, which I did send, because of the nature of your posts. I feel sorry for you.

7. JohnDeereFan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Awww.

Oh course you do.

8. JohnDeereFan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And...reported.

I did, SaturnNeptune/RipponWv? How did I lie to him/you?

Funny how you "both" only post every few days but, by an amazing coincidence just happen to show up at the same time, use the same words, make the same insults, stc.

9. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Nothing else to say.............this is a fact, we are both going to be banned. The first one only depends on who scores more infractions.

10. JohnDeereFan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Then why are you still talking?

11. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

The fact is, you and Rippon are the same person. If it is war you want, we will see who wins.

12. JohnDeereFan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Then why is the grammar and substance of our posts so different?

Well, I see that didn't last long.

13. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Just stand by..........

14. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No more than you and RIPPONWV are.

15. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just want to remind the folks.

16. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How does your hat taste?

17. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Great Question...

...I'd say that like human relationships, true allies are few and far between. In other words, I don't think any country can count on anyone else in a crisis. I think it is a blessing if someone hops on your bandwagon and helps you out of a mess, but, it shouldn't be assumed that X, Y and Z will be there in thick and thin!

People are fickle. Christian, though they shouldn't be, are even more fickle. So if people are fickle, and people make up countries, it is best to assume that if you bite off more than you can chew, you just might have to swallow it on your own! :wavey:

18. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    BTW - What a Shame....

.... that some of the folks on this board continue to try and irk certain people. It is a real shame that some folks can't find it within them to practice what they claim to preach, and forgive and forget.

However, the petty attitudes going back and forth in this OP, are only supporting my thoughts that you can't really, truly count on anyone, especially those who say they are following Jesus!

I can't help but wonder WWJD? :tear:

19. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's right.:wavey:

20. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I realize this is not a post about US-Philippine relations but I am constrained to speak out.
    When the US-Spanish war broke out, the Philippines was revolting against Spain.
    One of its leaders, Gen. Emilio Aguinaldo was on exile in Hongkong, and US Admiral Dewey met with him and to make a long story short, offered US help in kicking Spain out of the Philippines.
    Aguinaldo then went back to the Philippines, reassumed leadership of the revolution, and with US help fought Spain, culminating in the so-called Battle of Manila Bay where a few shots were fired by both sides at each other after which Spain surrendered.
    In the background, a Treaty was being worked out in Paris, in which Spain ceded the Philippines to the US for 20 million dollars.
    Again, to make a long story short, the Philippine revolution was shammed out of Filipino victory because now the Philippines, AND THE FILIPINOS, were properties of the US, and what more can you call something you bought ?
    Isn't that the very essence of slavery, even in the Bible ?
    One becomes a slave and a property until one has paid off, to the last cent of interest, his debt ?
    At any rate, all these events resulted in a puppet presidency, and a protracted war by those who refused to bow to American dominance. and as war is full-you-know-what that happens things like the Balangiga massacre occurred in which there is a church bell taken from that Philippine hands that is still in the hands of today's Americans.
    Not to say that the Philippines did not benefit from the American duplicity, yes, it did.
    We learned English, the Thomasites came and we saw the Bible, and because we were a subjugated US colony, many Filipinos then had the chance to come and see and live in the land of the blondes and blue eyes.
    During the second world war, the US general MacArthur left us and ran to Australia, leaving behind US troops AND Filipino troops to the mercy of barbaric Japanese forces and their Korean conscripts but these worthless, short, brown-skinned, flat-bridge nosed, former g-string wearing tree occupants fought on, with bolos and old weaponry, and weaponry they captured from the Japs, all the while looking to the beaches and sighing for General Mac and the time when they can cry : VICTORY, JOE.
    Well, General Mac came with his troops, of course.
    They flattened the historic city of Manila, flattened the provinces with their indiscriminate shellings, ran the rats out (which had already dwindled in number by the way considering the guerillas), bombed Nagasaki, and "liberated" the Philippines from their "conquerors", and a year or so later, "granted" independence to this worthless country, which by the way, was strategically situated, along with Japan, on a portion of the globe directly beneficial to the US' projected expansionism (a.k.a. US imperialism).
    So, along with "independence", brokered by a few teary-eyed unpragmatic left-overs of the Philippine revolution with a newfound fluency in the English language that gave out the "I'd rather have a Philippines run like hell by the Filipinos, than a Philippines run like heaven by the Americans", there were all these "treaties" and "agreements" and stuff that virtually made the Philippines at the mercy of its former "ally" militarily and economically.
    Well, it's always something for something, you know.
    And one who bends over is weaker than one who clawed back.
    So, Japan gets priority in economic development.
    Meanwhile, back in the Philippines, the US, down through the years, props up and supports candidates of its own choosing, who were, for the most part, corrupt, soft-nosed, weak-kneed, lovers of everything "stateside", and intensely "democratic" and pro-US.
    Two proved a little harder.
    One died in a plane crash, the other had the sad experience of having a grenade thrown into his private residence's backyard.
    And anyone who had the nerve to be at the slightest, patriotic, was called a communist, and never rose higher than senator.
    Am I saying this is all the US' fault ?
    No.
    But there's a toss-up at the beginning of the game, you know.
    So, here we are, in 2014.
    Still regarded irrelevant in the grander scheme of things, but Filipinos are learning, slowly but surely.
    No such thing as allies.
    Just that right now my old country is so poor and so devastated by the politicians THE US PROPPED UP IN THE PAST.