1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Which Countries Are Our True Allies?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by saturneptune, Feb 4, 2014.

1. JohnDeereFan

JohnDeereFan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I liked the way he admits that he caused it, but then keeps right on doing what he just said "caused it".

2. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Good morning, just wondered how all the posts you reported worked for you? By the way, did you catch the 700 Club last night?

3. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thank you pinoybaptist for your post #60. It adds some credibility to what I said despite some (one) naysayer.

4. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

No, actually it contradicts what you said about the Philippines. Since you have never gotten the idea of the op, it is about who would make a good ally. If you look at pinoys post, he says the economy was propped up by US politicians. Because they are not self sufficient, he is right, there are no allies. His letters were in caps. Did you fail to see them, Mr. or Mrs. English teacher, as the case may be?

5. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A country is an ally as long as that country's government believes it is in their interest to be an ally.

6. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And pinoy also said that there was "American duplicity" going on. His country was made "a subjugated US colony." He spoke "US imperialsm" as I did with respect to the land of his birth.

And did you notice his last line?

"Just that right now my old country is so poor and devastated by the politicians THE US PROPPED UP IN THE PAST."

7. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Yes, everyone knows you take every opportunity to run down the United States. The US was kicked out in the early 90s. The Philippines have had almost 25 years of making their own destiny. So why are they still in poverty?

8. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Being malicious and mendacious are characteristic of your posts toward me.Yet you claim the name of Christ --stop your lies and insults for the sake of Christ.You bring dishonor on His holy Name.

9. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You guys know what a Pugel Pit is?

An exercise like this might greatly help.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svHdZv5Xi_E

10. thisnumbersdisconnected

Nah. One of them would hit the other in the back of the head when he wasn't looking.

11. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    no, a country is an ally as long as the US government thinks it is in its best interest to have that country allied to it.

12. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Penoy....I have been privaliged to have worked with and gotten to know privately many Filipino people who have come to the USA in search of better jobs and careers...generally, I believe they have viewed this country as a land of opportunity. Their children consequently have become very Americanized and perfer this country to their parents homeland. However, I believe there has been a dropoff of Filipinos commingled here recently. Is it the economy and the economic downturn or are more Filipinos staying home, or are they finding new countries to move to? I should think South America perhaps. Your thoughts sir are always appreciated.

13. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We have that much clout? Seems we appear like bullies.

14. pinoybaptist

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    its a fact of life in this fallen world, brother.
    the stronger dominates the weaker.
    it's not about being bullies or sissies.

15. pinoybaptist

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There was a time when to come to the United States, or to get to Canada, was the major dream of most Filipinos, brother.
    One of the reasons in fact why I am so against illegal immigration is because I have personally seen many of my countrymen dispose of their properties and sometimes their dignities so they can meet the financial requirements of immigrating to this "land of opportunity".
    Therefore, legalizing those who came here illegally is much too unfair for those who did the best they could to meet legal requirements.
    And, yes, the US is, and now a WAS, the land of opportunity for us.
    But, then, beginning with the reign of Marcos, the Philippine government had begun to use "human resources" as an additional source of revenue for their reign, and even after Marcos was dethroned, the succeeding governments had no viable plans or resources to prop themselves up except "human" resources, so export of labor (maids, drivers, engineers, accountants, etc.) became the country's number one source of revenue.
    Not that it was bad.
    It did a lot to help the citizens of that forlorn, much exploited country.
    And it also opened the eyes of Filipinos to the fact that while the US and Canada remained the primary "apples of their eyes" the prohibitive requirements, both financially and documentary, of getting to these countries made other options like the Middle East more attractive.
    Right now, there are more Filipinos in the Middle East than you would find nationals from other countries.
    My own daughter is working in Dammam, Saudi Arabia.

#75 pinoybaptist, Feb 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2014
  16. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And is this àllowing more Filipinos to explore Islam?

17. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    They meet in underground RC fellowships for the most part.

18. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not all...I believe the southern part of the Philippines is mostly muslem. And as Penoy knows only too well, the terrible horrible hyper Calvinists, namely the Primitive Baptists have missionary initiatives there.....and NYC (where there is a deep need for Christ) :thumbs: :godisgood:

19. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's Muslim.

You're not following along. Pinoy was speaking of his daughter being in Saudi Arabia. You had then said "And is this allowing more Filipinos to explore Islam?"

And I said in reply that "They meet in underground RC fellowships for the most part."

20. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I was asking if there is a move on by many Filipinos to move from Catholism to Islam...pardon me if I was unclear.