1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Which LA Curriculum Do You Use?

Discussion in 'Homeschooling Forum' started by tiffaninichole, Dec 14, 2015.

1. tiffaninichole

tiffaninichole New Member

Hello all! I'll be homeschooling my daughter for 6th grade next year and I'm good on the math and history fronts. Where I'm stuck is Language Arts. I have no idea what to choose because she's a little behind on her reading skills, which is one of the main reasons I've chosen to homeschool. There is no way she'll be able to handle middle school with the way she reads now, so I want to get her caught up so she can go into high school with confidence.

She isn't a strong reader, her grammer is horrible, her spelling gives me a headache. As someone who is a strong and avid reader/speller, I'm at a loss as far as what I should do. I never thought I'd birth a child who wasn't a natural at all things Language Arts. LOL.

2. ReformedBaptist

ReformedBaptist Well-Known Member

My wife could tell you better, but raising 7 kids we see all different strengths and weaknesses. And some of ours are weak and spelling and grammar. The key to success here is to keep them reading. The more they read the better they will spell and write. Be patient and give it time. We have seen some of our kids weak in the beginning and catch up later and vice/versa.

Typically they all end in the same place. See that they read out loud. Read to them. Again I said, read! :D