Which of the three.....

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by ktn4eg, Jul 9, 2013.

1. ktn4eg

ktn4eg
    Expand Collapse

......major broadcast TV networks (ABC, CBS, NBC) do you consider to be the most conservative in their news reporting, editorializing, and overall entertainment programming? (You may have a different one for each of these categories.)

2. quantumfaith

quantumfaith
    Expand Collapse

Absolutely none of the choices offered. For any sense of conservatism or traditionalism in news reporting, Fox News is the one.

3. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Administrator

100% liberal CBS in news and 90% CBS in program

90% liberal NBC in news and entertainment. Very little redeeming value in any of their programs

80% liberal ABC in news, but only 50% in special news programs (unlike uber-liberal CBS 60 minute). And maybe 50% in programs, altho ABC Family seems tied with Disney and heading down the "change society" path.

NONE of these "reflect" culture or society; they all actively advance a liberal social agenda.

Lifetime is so sickeningly women/liberal that I can't watch it. Hallmark, is often syrup-filled, but clean. :)

BTW, add CNN to 100% liberal, Fox to about 25% liberal (esp in money). Out here in Mormon country, BYU network has excellent programing.

4. USN2Pulpit

USN2Pulpit
    Expand Collapse

Yes, if FOX were a choice, I would say that they're conservative - but I would also say they are clearly not telling the whole story either. There are very few places where you can get 100% objective news.

If one had access, I would suggest BBC-America.

However, given the choices, I guess I'd go with ABC as far as having some stuff worth watching.

5. JohnDeereFan

JohnDeereFan
    Expand Collapse

If those are my only choices, then I'd say ABC.

But I'm not really sure I want my news source to be "conservative". I'd much rather just have them report the news.

6. Salty

Salty
    Expand Collapse
    20,000 Posts Club

You did not read the OP - he asked which is the most conservative- if NBC and CBS are 1% conservative and ABC is 3 % - then they are the most conservative.

Here is the OP
    (bold my emphasis)

I see this happen quite often on this board as well as elsewhere - we do not answer the question. Could be we get that from our politicians.

Now to answer the OP - I really don't know - I watch extremely very little network news -

7. quantumfaith

quantumfaith
    Expand Collapse

I see this often, someone make a charge against someone. I did READ the OP and I "interpreted" the intent to be which of the proposed networks to be more conservative....my response was NONE of those would I consider to have any shred of conservatism. Let me know if you are simply wanting....for some reason..... to pick a fight.