1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Which Seminary?

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by rmodis, May 1, 2012.

1. Chad Whiteley

Chad Whiteley Member

From the BF&M 2000:

At the moment of regeneration He [the Holy Spirit] baptizes every believer into the Body of Christ.

2. rmodis

rmodis New Member

I agree; Michael Rea is an excellent philosopher insofar as I have ascertained. I have read several of his pieces. I am not familiar with Flint's work, but I have heard of him. If given a choice, I would really prefer to go into philosophical theology, especially with respect to how the two fields intertwine. What is more, I would like to build cases supporting Christianity's truth claims that start with a purely philosophical standpoint, then shifts to a purely biblical standpoint, and finally combines the two to make a resolute whole.

That is why I would like to obtain a PhD in both fields. I believe that this is the only way that I can acquire the skills to adequately handle both sides of my envisioned argumentation.

Thank you for your response.

3. Rhetorician

Rhetorician Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Theological Triage By Dr. Al Mohler

Dear Brother Rev MWC,

I just could not help but be a wee bit concerned for what I think is secondary or even tertiary doctrinal issues expressed by you. For you to say that;

"I firmly belive I would not attend a school that believes or teaches anything other than that, that to me is a major doctrine to which we should not compromise no matter the schools curicullum" (misspelling and all) is a bit narrow is it not? What about the place of the Gospel of Christ?

Let me commend to you and all others who might read this thread Dr. Al Mohler's "Theological Triage" article. As Dr. Fee states firmly, "All of the Bible is For us; But not all of the Bible is To us!" Please see below.

http://sbcvoices.com/the-importance-of-theological-triage-by-ed-goodman/

This discussion, as little as I have followed, reminds me of some good friends of the Dispensational persuasion I have known over the years. The "Kingdom," the "Kingdom," is the only thing worth noting and is there battle cry.

Then when you try discussing anything with them they are vehement that there is only a 1000 year literal reign of Christ on earth. They will hear of nothing else or nothing less. Some even come to the discussion with dates no less, and a knowledge of who the Anti-Christ is and the dreaded "mark of the Beast."

But what about the Gospel? Is the Gospel not more important than some view of the Kingdom. Some say (not by their saying but by their implication) that the Gospel is just a "ticket" to get into "God's (Christ's) Kingdom" here on earth.

I will grant that I maybe speaking in hyperbole, after all I am a Rhetorician. But the Gospel of Christ is the main thing??!!! No I am wrong!! The Gospel of Christ is the ONLY THING. Please be referred to the five Solas of the Reformation if any clarification is needed along these lines.

FTR, I intend no acrimony in any or all of the content of the message above!

"That is al!!!"

4. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

The Gospel of Christ is that He will come as SAving Messiah and conquering Messiah. That He will come for HIS Bride and as He Promised she will not go through the Time of Testing that is coming upon all the earth Rev. 3:10. So yes the Gospel of Christ must be the important Factor that all He claimed He would do He does and that includes the Eschatological teachings of His return for His Bride the Chruch.

5. Rhetorician

Rhetorician Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    My Dear Bro Rev MWC,

I perceive that we are at an impasse. It is one that I have had with Dispensationalists before. And it very well could be that I am in the wrong or in error and need to look further myself.

I would only comment you to a further study of the Five Solas of the Reformation and a consideration of Dr. Mohler's "Theological Triage." By the by, did you look at his comments in the pyramid and consider such? I hope so.

I bid you a fond adieu and ask God's blessings on you and your ministry wherever He may lead?

"That is all!" :applause:

6. Ryan.Samples

Ryan.Samples New Member

Who taught your class? Online or Res? What made it junk?

Care to expound on Celebration of Discipline?

7. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

It has nothing to do with my being dispensationalist or not, I also would not attend a school that taught thiestic evolution or the gap theory, althoug I once taught the Gap theiry myself. Nor would I attend a school that did not teach we are born spiritually dead or that we don't have an old sin nature. The one I really wouldn't attend is the one that teaches 5 point calvanism or arinian doctrine that one can lose their salvation. Those are all major doctrines to me. We are to follow after sound doctrine.

8. Chad Whiteley

Chad Whiteley Member

Just to resurrect a really old thread. Liberty seminary is now ATS accredited.... Yay! They saw the same need I did to ensure their school was recognized in theological circles.

• Like Like x 1