1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Which sin will keep you out of heaven?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by SaggyWoman, Oct 17, 2008.

1. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A big "NO".Sin is still sin and the sinner is still responsible for those sins whether done in ignorance or not.No one is "innocent".Who knows the full ramifications of sin?There is no such excuse before God.God is perfectly just to condemn one for doing (or thinking) sinful things whether fully aware of all that entails or not.

2. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

I think that is what I meant -- unforgiven sin/sin nature. Or to put it better - being unredeemed through faith in Christ.

It sounds like you are saying that there are people who, if ignorant of sin, are still saved. Is that what you are saying? If so, then that is contrary to Romans 1 and 2 which show that all are accountable to God.

3. Jon-Marc

Jon-Marc New Member

He knows God the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit is/are real, but He will never trust in Jesus Christ as his Saviour. That is what will send a person to hell and eventually the lake of fire, but then the devil will be in the lake of fire also. A lot of people "believe" there is a God, but they have never trusted in the Lord as their Saviour. Many will never humble themselves and admit to being a sinner enslaved to sin and in need of forgiveness. That is the disbelief of which I speak--the disbelief that they need a Saviour and need to be forgiven.

#23 Jon-Marc, Oct 19, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2008
  4. donnA

donnA Active Member

This would make God the only responsable. Your now blaming God for man's sin.
    And scripture does not say Adam was created with the sin nature.
    If Adam were created innocent, he could not have the sin nature, no one with the sin nature is innocent of anything.

5. sag38

sag38 Active Member

A sin nature, as I understand it, cannot help but to sin. It's as inevitable as the sun rising and setting. You nor I, as hard as we may try not to, are going to sin. It's in our nature. (Hence the need to be given a new nature in Christ Jesus) Adam, on the other hand, originally did not have a sin nature. Rather he and Eve had a choice. They did not have to sin.

6. mark1

mark1 New Member

Now that you have added everything with the unbelief, I think you have it about right.
    :thumbs:

7. mark1

mark1 New Member

I was wondering where does scripture talk about man having a "sin nature"???

8. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Paul reminds the christians in Ephesus that they, like the unregenerate who did not know God, "were by their nature sinful" just like everyone else. They should revel in grace that God regened them with a new nature.

Eph 2 and Rom 2 build cases for the internal nature of man as sinful. Nature (character, disposition, genetic), not just nurture (actions, influences, lifestyle).

9. Salamander

Salamander New Member

So you believe that before a baby can answer to the Lord for his sin nature he is automatically condemned to hell for something he was born into and without asking to be born!

#29 Salamander, Oct 21, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2008
  10. Salamander

Salamander New Member

It is in the nature of all tigers to hunt their prey, but ones raised in captivity and fed by their keepers have never hunted.

Adam's human nature was capable of sin. When he was tempted to act according to that nature he sinned.

He was innocent while having that nature to sin until he actually sinned.

We are sinners by nature, born with it. Adam was not born.

Created innocent, yet subject to sin and temptation to sin.

Your opinion also makes God responsible for sin in he also created Lucifer who led 1/3 of the angelic host into depravity.

I think you would like to omit the will involved and fail to realize only God could never sin.

God didn't create gods, he created beings.:godisgood:

#30 Salamander, Oct 21, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2008
  11. Salamander

Salamander New Member

Jeepers, Creepers! We almost agree!

No one was in him before they were in him. Eph 1:4:wavey:

12. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Is God good?

Is He just?

Is He sovereign?

Then I trust the babies into His hands. Whether babies will go to hell or to heaven, that's His choice.

My belief? I believe that God chooses those whom He chooses. This includes children. Maybe He chooses all children before a certain point in their lives (not an age - but an age of understanding or accountability) or maybe not. But I'm not going to guess or question Him. I trust Him enough to leave that in His hands. God will not condemn anyone to hell unjustly.

13. Salamander

Salamander New Member

I believe you don't understand the slash meaning the exact same thing preceding it separated by the initial comma.

14. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't believe your lame excuse nor your poor English either.

15. superwoman8977

superwoman8977 New Member

:laugh: Thats funny. Its 28 degrees here this morning and I am happy in my corduroy pants and sweater and doc Marten's. I was actually doing some studying in the word last night and uggh I just realized i forgot my bible at home but there are several verses in the NT that tell us that if we are saved that there is not one sin the Lord wont forgive you for and man I wish i had grabbed my bible this morning off the nightstand but I also was reading how God forgives us for the sin instantly...he doesnt give it a second thought which I thought was cool. Because I know there are times when I am very hard on myself and I need to realize that when I ask the Lord He forgives it IMMEDIATELY! and doesnt give it a second thought. Oh yeah and my bible is an amplified bible not a KJV so apparently I am going to be flogged for that too! lol

16. Jon-Marc

Jon-Marc New Member

Babies cannot and will not be held responsible for what they don't understand. They may be born with a sin nature, but they haven't even begun to live yet. They don't and can't make the decision to sin. God is not that unjust and unloving as to send a baby to hell when it knows nothing about sin or having a sin nature, and is incapable of making a choice.

17. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Amen, Jon Marc!

18. Lukasaurus

Lukasaurus Member

Deu 1:39 Moreover your little ones, which ye said should be a prey, and your children, which in that day had no knowledge between good and evil, they shall go in thither, and unto them will I give it, and they shall possess it.

Shall not the Judge of all the earth do right? (Gen 18:25) Not according to the Calvinists. He just does what he wants, despite saying something else in the Bible.

Your belief is that you don't care to study, and use "God's will" as an excuse for not doing so.

The more I see of calvinist theology "in the wild" the more and more wicked it appears.

Oh, it sounds very humble "Oh, Lord, thy will be done, because it can't ever not be, praise your love amen amen" and then you go off to church and hear about God sovereignly damning billions of souls to hell praise him amen amen, and then cry misrepresentation when anyone ever dare claims that is what you actually believe.

19. Salamander

Salamander New Member

Yep, I can see many mothers who lost their children at a very young age won to Christ with that belief!:tear:

The Bible states that all who come to Him he will in no wise cast out. Only those who see the need to come will ever come to Him. Babies have no cognitive ability to know why they should come or not.

You're right, God is Just, and He being Just would never send a baby to hell to suffer for something he never could have understood.

20. Salamander

Salamander New Member

You've omitted a very necessary punctuation to make your sentence flow with understanding.:laugh: