1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Which Sunday School

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Salty, Oct 13, 2014.

1. PreachTony

PreachTony Active Member

Zaac - I wish people did just speak to scriptural things...but we each have a differing interpretation of scripture. I was offering up examples of seemingly diametrically opposed theologies to demonstrate a point. I used the Calv/Armin example as that seems the most prevalent debate on this forum. It was for example's sake only.

2. PreachTony

PreachTony Active Member

I'm praying for you, Salty, even though I disagree with your method of handling the issue. Personally, I believe Gospel Order states that you should talk to this person first. If he hears you and examines his ways, then you've gained a brother. If he won't, then you can involve the Pastor and I would get at least one other person, preferably an elder or a deacon, and speak to this person again. If that fails, then you bring the matter to the church.

Do what the Lord is leading you to do, by all means...but this is just how I would've handled it.

Commitment to one's home church is a good thing. The level of influence this person has in the other dealing of your church would go a long way toward determining just how concerned I would be over the doctrines of the other church. If they teach things differently than your church does, and this "leader" is in a position of influence over younger Christians, then that would give me greater concern.