1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

While Colin Kaepernick Refuses To Stand...........

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Aug 27, 2016.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am white male- I doubt I ever would have married a black woman. Is it beacuse I am a racist (which means that I think I am better than a black) or is it simply a preference. Would the same go for refusing to marry a blonde, how about a tall woman, or a woman who has much more education than me.....

Oh by the way - Internet Theologian, I would refuse to marry a man- does that make me a sexist?

2. Sapper Woody

Sapper Woody Well-Known Member

Salty, while I agree with the intent of your post, I would disagree with your last paragraph. I understand how you meant it, but the inference can be made that you are equating gay marriage to interracial marriage, something that people would use against your argument.

As far as the first paragraph, though. I agree with your intention. A marriage preference doesn't equal racism. The same as not wanting to marry a fat woman.

Now, for me personally, (side note: I'm married, and happily. I'm not on the market!) there have been some black women that I've found attractive. But I prefer white women. It's not racist, it's simply natural to be attracted to those who look like you.

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

The sad thing about this conversation is that y'all don't seem to have a clue just how racist you sound. :Thumbsdown You make it sound like you PREFER to be attracted to white women but every now and then you go slumming and get attracted to a black woman.:rolleyes:

You're attracted to who you are attracted. What you're saying is that you find white skin more attractive than black skin.:Sneaky

A word of advice when having discussions that include race. If you have to start a sentence with "It's not racist", pump the brakes and reevaluate what you were gonna say.

But like I said yesterday. You've got more racial hangups than I think you like to admit to yourself.

4. Sapper Woody

The problem with being accused of racism, is there is no defense. The more you protest, the more racist you sound. There literally is no way to prove you're not racist over the internet.

But I guarantee, you spend a few days with me, you'll know without a doubt that there's not a racist bone in my body.

But anything I could put here would sound like all the lane things we always hear. "I've got black friends". "I work with black people". "My TV is colored". It all sounds lame over a discussion board. That's why I do my best not to post any "proof" that I'm not racist.

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. Sapper Woody

I'll readily admit that. It's not a secret. I also prefer a slight tan. Does this also make me "albinist"?

6. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

No one asked you to prove that.

I didn't think there was. I'm just saying that the conversation and what yall are saying is essentially racist even if you don't realize it.

Perhaps it would do well to not say things like what you said. :)

7. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Then admit that you're racially prejudiced. It's the sort of thing that says to people that you'd probably negate all the positive things that a black woman might bring to the table because you don't "prefer" the color of her skin.

You make it sound as though if the black person possessed all the traits that you were attracted to that you would still reject her because of her skin color.

8. Sapper Woody

That's not even close to what I said. It's a twisted perversion of what I said.

I prefer light skin with a little tan. I also prefer brunettes. I also (based on my dating history and my marriage) prefer women a couple years older than me.

None of this implies prejudice of any kind. It only shows my taste in beauty.

The type of logic displayed in your quoted post could be used to say that any man who hasn't dated a girl outside of their own color that they are racist.

9. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

I didn't say that was what you said. I said you make it sound like.
    Skin color is not the same thing as hair color. You still seem to be saying that the woman could be everything you're looking for but if her skin is black, you wouldn't have married her.
    Your taste in "beauty" is saying that black skin ain't beautiful. How is that not prejudice?

You said:

You make it sound like you can be attracted to any white woman, but that the black woman had to have something extra for you to find her attractive.:Cautious

Huh? Why would dating outside your skin color make someone racist?

10. Sapper Woody

Skin color IS the same as hair color. Just because a person is black does not mean they have a different culture. It normally does, but not always. As one example, I had a soldier who was black. He used to introduce himself as "the whitest black man you'll ever meet" (note: his words, not mine). By that, he meant that he grew up in a "white" suburban area.

Did I say that blonde hair isn't beautiful? No, and you wouldn't infer it. So why make the inference about skin color?

If that's what you got, then the miscommunication is on your side.

I said NOT dating outside your skin color. It doesn't, by the way. I was showing how your logic worked.

11. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Umm, no it isn't.
    [​IMG]

so?

Skin color still ain't the same as hair color.

They were your poorly choiced words.

You should probably stick with better choosing YOUR words instead of trying to explain the logic of mine.:)

12. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is prejudice the same way as saying "black is beautiful."

13. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sounds a lot like how a troll conducts themselves.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This guy is trying to deflect his poor play by causing a stir on the field. Hopefully the 49er's will waive him, and he can become the poster boy for the BLM. And I did not mean the Bureau of Land Management. What a hypocrite. I'll bet he doesn't "stand" for the murder of black children and teens in Chicago?

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

All this talk abut a man standing up for an anthem when the funky attitudes on this board and Christendom throughout this country are proof that we aren't humbling ourselves and bowing down.:Rolleyes

16. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

I work in a place that racism and accusations of racism is rampant. Yet I have never been accused of being a racist there, even by the thousands I come in contact with. Baptist Board is the only place I have ever been called a racist.. By trolls, I admit and some of them are still here. But it is still the only place.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yeah. Why ain't you?

18. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hair color is the pigmentation of hair follicles due to melanin concentrations.

Skin color is the pigmentation of the skin due to melanin concentrations.

Hmmmmmmmmm.

19. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Can you give us some example of the racism that you have witnessed?

20. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    New person moving in. First question asked by current occupants: What is he? What do you mean, I asked. They (3 of them) just looked at me expectantly. Then it hit me..."You want to know what color he is?" Yep. That was it.

Just Tuesday night, I stopped a melee that was about to begin between 22 blacks and 17 Mexicans over someone sitting at the "wrong" table.

#100 carpro, Sep 2, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2016