1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

While Obama preaches sacrifice, his family frolics in Spain

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by carpro, Aug 9, 2010.

1. Eric B

Eric B Active Member
    Site Supporter

What do you expect me to do about it? I acknowledged it. It's disgusting. What are you doing about it?
    And it is what the executive lifestyle has become. They'll use tax dollars, or whatever else they can get. The president's aides and employees are funded by the government. Again, what do you want to do about these "facts"? Just have everyone join in your complaining (and again, you again have the nerve to call others whiners!)
    You have yet to even define what truth is, like in the other thread. All of these mudslinging threads of yours do not even reference God or scripture. What is your source of "truth", then? Just your own perceptions of events, and how you interpret them and how you don't like them. Sorry, but that is not necessarily truth.

I'm not following you "from thread to thread", and I certainly haven't insulted you. You're the one who pops into most of them with snide remarks or accusations (whining, lineral, truth is relative, etc and now "troll").

You need to get from in front of the mirror with your responses and deal with what is on the computer screen. That's what happens when someone makes up their own definition of "truth" they hold everyone else to.

2. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yep.

Troll for sure. Long winded one at that. Complain a lot about everything and everyone, but offer nothing of substance other than criticism of all things, yet take a stand on absolutely nothing.

You even complain because politics is discussed in the politics forum.:BangHead:

3. jaigner

jaigner Active Member

Yes. If Bush's family had done this, they wouldn't care.

Full disclosure - I voted for McCain.

4. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Wanna bet?

5. jaigner

jaigner Active Member

"They" meaning the oppressive conservatives here.

6. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Be specifiic.

Who are the "oppressive conservatives" of whom you speak?

I suspect you don't really know what ...or who... you're talking about.

And in your opinion, what makes a conservative, any conservative, "oppressive"?

7. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

He should be talking about you! After all, most of your "whining" is about President Obama. If it was Bush you wouldn't have a thing to say. You would somehow twist it around to blame a Democrat for the problem. Real Texans call this hypocrisy!

8. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you have anything to contribute besides personal attacks, Troll?

9. Twizzler

Twizzler Member

Although I'm not a fan of the Obama household, I think worrying about her taking a vacation is a tremendous waste of time and deflecting the spotlight from where it truly should be.

She's the wife of the POTUS and therefore should be protected by our secret service. The cost of her being kidnapped while on vacation would be unmeasureable, the protection is insurance that we can't afford NOT to pay.

They say that the Obamas are paying for their own expenses, so what's the problem? The POTUS is on duty in DC. Why are we so upset?

10. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A man who feels, views life as a tragedy. A man who thinks, views life as a comedy. LOL

11. Eric B

Eric B Active Member
    Site Supporter

Where's is there ever any substance from you?

Here?
    http://www.baptistboard.com/showthread.php?p=1578667#post1578667
    How about this one:
    http://www.baptistboard.com/showthread.php?p=1535414#post1535414

That looks like trolling to me.

And yes, I can quote you to back up my claims. You have yet to back up that claim of me denying liberals particpate in the blame game.
    You talk so much about "truth", but can't ever seem to display any of it.

So of course, I seem longwinded when your whole idea of "truth" is some snotty lone liner about the other poster.
    No one ever asked what you thought of them, but that's all you can ever muster. And you're the one constantly complaining about everyone and everything in thread after thread -- though on one political side.

If I say both sides are playing the same game mostly, and that I don't fully believe in either of them; then that is taking a stand. Again, what else do you want to be done in "taking a stand"?

No, not because politics is discussed; but because the discussion is turned onto one's views of the other poster, and only you are allowed to complain about politics, while accusing others of "whining" and stuff like that. If you can't tell the difference, then you show yourself to be the one willfully ignorant of truth.

12. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No. You're longwinded because you write a lot, but say nothing. Most of the posters here say more in 4 sentences than you can manage in 4 paragraphs.

You're a troll because you follow posters from thread to thread and try to pick fights, always never telling anyone where you stand on any issue.

No one ever has any trouble telling where I stand on any issue.

What are you afraid of? Your intellectually dishonest tactics tell us you're afraid mostly of laying your ideas on the table because you're afraid to defend them.

Until I see you take some sort of stand on any issue, we are done. You can follow me around if you wish, but you'll be wasting your time. :thumbs:

13. Eric B

Eric B Active Member
    Site Supporter

I don't follow posters around; I read threads, occasionally participate in them, and then see you or a couple of others pop in with snotty remarks about me or the other person you're arguing against. Unlike you, I can reference these things when I call you out on your behavior.

You talk about truth, but can't even get your facts straight.

Now you go on about post length, and even comparing with others, which should not even matter (and this is nothing compared to the average post length in other sections of the BB). It's just another excuse for an ad-hominem. I didn't ask you what you thought about my writing style. Get over it already!
    Again, you apparently think "substance" is a cheap shot about someone.

Many of these issues are more complicated than some empty one-liner. That's what you just can't understand.

Yes, we know your stand. Obama this, and Obama that, and liberals this and liberals that. I don't see any substance in that. Again, what do you want to be done about it?
    You have the right to voice these things, but then don't call others whiners when they voice their opinion.

And I think you can see what I have taken stands on, if you can ever look past opportunities to comment about my posts.

•Liberals and Conservatives are sinful humans and neither has a monopoly on the truth. Both take parts of truth that suits them, and ignore the rest.
    •Truth is from God's word (and proper citing of claims you make about another person), not a party platform
    •More conservative-to-libertarian on abortion and gay rights. They are biblically wrong, but government should not be so involved in promoting or restricting them.
    •The economy is being drained by a combination of government waste on all levels, as well as corporate greed, and global financial shifting; and very little of it going to the poor or other groups such as minorities, contrary to apparent conservative assumptions
    •Welfare has thankfully been reformed. Any who still abuse the system are wrong.
    •For other social programs, it is hard to tell whether they are good or not. Health care seems to be needed because of the high cost of private health care. But socialized health often is not good. Not sure what else can be done.

So those are my stands on the pertinent topics we have discussed. They have always been clear from the content of my posts, and never hidden. Though I'm sure all you're going to do is judge how long the post now is because of it.
    Now that's enough about me. None of these topics are about me, and this is just but another deflection from your views being challenged. Yes, you loudly make known where you stand, but you don't want it challenged. You just turn it around and go after the person challenging. So you're the one with the intellectual dishonesty.

14. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yeah, right.:rolleyes:

15. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Could be an interesting way to state the difference between a liberal and a conservative.:thumbs:

16. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

Typical carpro crybaby antics. Boo hoo hoo!

Even if the President packed up the wife and kids in a minivan and drove to Six Flags for vacation, he'd be crying over that too.

17. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

Get on the wrong side of Targus or Matt Wade, and they will follow you around like a dog in heat. Yet, Carpro doesn't seem to notice that. He only keeps up with the ones he deems as "liberal."

You are correct, it doesn't matter what the Obamas spend on vacation, Carpro will whine about it.

18. targus

targus New Member

More of that thoughtful substanative posting that you are so well known for. :rolleyes:

19. jaigner

jaigner Active Member

Hilarious!

20. targus

targus New Member

Robert, I don't know why you would compare yourself to a dog in heat or why anyone would follow such a dog around...

But if that is how you see yourself - who am I to question it?