1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

White & Black or ?

Discussion in '2000-02 Archive' started by Justified, Sep 9, 2002.

1. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Black and white... and Grey!... Over my time of 56 years there is a lot more white... Less Black and less Gray!... That's the effect of growing in knowledge and grace... but it does increase sorrow!... Brother Glen [​IMG]

2. latterrain77

latterrain77 New Member

Hi Alliswell. Thank you for your comments. Yes, you are correct that "thought adultery" is a sin as per (Matt. 5: 28). However, King David, Solomon, and many other great men of GOD did not see the commandment (Exo. 20: 14, Lev. 20: 10, Deut. 5: 18) as “black & white” as you and I seem to see it. That is my point. Solomon did seem to understand much better as time went on in his life (Prov. 6: 32).

Justified asked, “Do you see Scripture in black and white, or do you also see gray areas?” The question is how humans “see” it – not whether or not the Scripture itself is black & white. As I pointed out in my post, humans do NOT see the Scripture in black & white (not even the humans who believe that they do!). We DO see with tainted eyes (1 Cor. 13: 12).

Of course, the Bible itself is absolutely inerrant and perfect in every way. Yet mankind's understanding remains flawed and blurred, precisely for the reason you mentioned (Matt. 18: 35, Jer. 17: 9). [​IMG]

latterrain77

3. Johnv

Johnv New Member