1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

White Chicks

Discussion in 'Travel Forum' started by SaggyWoman, Jan 10, 2006.

1. Bunyon

Bunyon New Member

Yes it is.

2. standingfirminChrist

I have read the reviews on it. It is not a favorable movie for Christians to watch. There is a lot of bathroom humor mentioned in the movie, and off color remarks. Two black cops dressing up to look like white women and worldly hilarity.

The Bible teaches us 'whosoever will be friends with the world will be enemies with God'. I would not reccommend the movie to anyone.

3. standingfirminChrist

“White Chicks” does contain enough objectionable content that will give both parents and Christians pause before viewing. There is a strong theme of alcohol use and references to drugs. I have seen every 2004 release and Hollywood seems to be intent on pushing the envelop in this area. I know that many movies are subsidized by both the tobacco and alcohol industry. You should also know that there is an abundance of sexual slang included in the dialog. This does not begin to include the obscenities that are peppered through out this dismal release.

Read the rest of the review at
    [​IMG]
    'White Chicks' Review

4. Erin

Erin New Member

I've seen parts of it. I wasn't thrilled with it at all.

5. Rachel

Rachel New Member

Sounds like it will be funny. I'll have to put that on my movie list.

6. Filmproducer

Filmproducer Guest

Bunyon,

You still have that same notion of me. Have you seen the movie? It made fun of everyone from white and black to rich and poor. It did not necessarily make white people look bad. If anything it was a satirical play on race relations because the two black agents dressed as the white chicks acted as they THOUGHT a white rich girl would act. Sometimes it was on target, but mostly it was NOT, therefore the comedy comes into play.

BTW, I have admitted many times that black people are racist too. It is by no means something that is limited to the white race. I did not make a comment on Saggy's comment because I thought she was commenting on the movie that, once again, made fun of everybody.

7. Bunyon

Bunyon New Member

But you agree that this comment is nonsense.

"I am a non-white race, and if I were racist, I would have to be racist against myself."---------------------------------------------------------

No I have not seen it. I saw enough clips on the advertisement and on the talk shows to see the stereotype. If the roles were reversed and two white agents were portraying how they thought black women acted stereotypically, we would have had a protest and you would be leading the charge.

But I'll take note. According to FP, it is OK to make fun of other races and stereotype them as long as you are doing it to several races at once- NOTED!

8. Filmproducer

Filmproducer Guest

But you agree that this comment is nonsense.

"I am a non-white race, and if I were racist, I would have to be racist against myself."

I don't agree that it is nonsense. It is a common perception. I DO AGREE that it is not necessarily true. As I stated previously.

No I have not seen it. I saw enough clips on the advertisement and on the talk shows to see the stereotype. If the roles were reversed and two white agents were portraying how they thought black women acted stereotypically, we would have had a protest and you would be leading the charge.

No, actually I wouldn't. The point of the film was to break the racial barrier (i.e., expose how different races view each other). Plenty of white people stereotypes black people and men in the film, and it was funny. The film had a pretty poignant message, if you look behind the comedy. Things are not always what they seem, especially when different races are involved. I already stated that the comedy was not for everyone. I was just pointing out to Carpinator that the film was not racist. Stereotypes do not equal racism, regardless of who is stereotyping. They usually mean a lack of knowledge.

But I'll take note. According to FP, it is OK to make fun of other races and stereotype them as long as you are doing it to several races at once- NOTED!

OK, I don't know what I did to make you so angry, but sorry. I am not forcing you or anyone to see the movie. I even acknowledged that not everyone would like the comedy, twice. Not sure how I offended you, but once again sorry.

9. Bunyon

Bunyon New Member

I capitalized "noted" for emphasis. I was not yelling or angery.

I can't believe you are so light on that statement though. The logic behind it is, only white folks can be racist against minorities. You are trained in rhetoric, you can't miss the implications of how that sentence was worded.

10. Filmproducer

Filmproducer Guest

I agree Bunyon. There is racism in all races. It is human nature to question, and sometimes find fault with, that which is different. I was just also acknowledging that it is a common perception, or rather MISperception.

11. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

Well, racist?? Hmm. I know many black people (and white) who have seen it and thought it was hilarious rather than offended at any form of what we perceive as racism.

I personally didn't necessarily care for the movie for other reasons, but I do have the right and option to choose what movies I see.