1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

White House Promptly Rejects Boehner's Plan

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by OldRegular, Dec 18, 2012.

1. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

The House Republicans should either extend all the Obama tax cuts of 2010 or pass "Plan B"; then send the bill to the domain of Reid and the democrats and adjourn until next year. Put the monkey on the back of Reid and Obama who have destroyed the economy the last 4 years. Four years of the Obama Depression is long enough!

2. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

This is an issue that has almost gone way beyond the normal left-right debate about raising taxes. This is more of an issue of gross negligence by both parties. If you or I did our job the way Congress and the President have done for the last at least three years, we would have been fired long ago.

Their job is to govern this country, not play political games that further damages the economy more than they have already done.

Several reasons have brought about this situation:

No leadership from the White House
    No leadership in the House or Senate
    Congress has not passed a budget in three years
    Congress is off more than the number of days they work
    When they are in session, they pass meaningless bills
    There is no willingness to work together to govern
    Both parties are big spenders, it is a matter of degree
    Obama's radical left agenda does not encourage compromise
    The people elected the same politicians back into office last election

3. OldRegular

I would note that the House passed a budget in 2011 and 2012 with reforms in Medicare and possibly SS. The Senate under Reid simply refused to take it up. Failure to pass a budget is a violation of the Constitution so Reid should be impeached.

And the Obama Depression will last four more years! Perhaps people will once again experience what life was like in the Roosevelt Depression.

4. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    #4 Salty, Dec 18, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2012
  5. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  6. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Obama has been very dishonest in negotiations. Sad a President of the United States would be so blatantly dishonest.

7. OldRegular

In my opinion Rush is a blowhard. Does he really know what constitutes Conservative political philosophy. Again, in my opinion, Conservatism and Capitalism are nor synonymous.

8. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nice cartoon - but you could also put Obama in that picture as well.

Now for something more serious - as to not hijack this thread, I have started a new one click here for link
    And Crabby, I would be honored if you were one of the first (if not the first) to answer

Salty

#8 Salty, Dec 19, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2012
  9. OldRegular

Question is: Was it Stupidity that reelected Obama, Was it Laziness, or Was it Theft?

10. OldRegular

The so-called conservative talking heads are already mouthing off on TV, condemning Boehner and his plan B. The tax hike in Plan B apparently affects less than 0.5% of the people in this country yet these people scream. Frankly I would not give them credit for having the equivalent of Buffalo chips for brains. These people make me sick at my stomach

But the one in the White House makes me sicker!

11. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Except for the period 1986-1993, the top income tax rates have never been lower in the past 80 years. Now here we are with a debt problem and a budget deficit problem (which yes, was caused by spending) yet it's anathema to suggest the rich pay more in taxes.

True, dat!

12. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Higher taxes will mean less revenue. Just ask California

13. OldRegular

It likely will unless the tax code is revised to eliminate loopholes, etc!

14. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Bottom line is that Obama wants to go over the so called fiscal cliff. Thus his refusal to negotiate in good faith.

15. OldRegular

Obama is a narcissist. As such I don't think he cares for anyone other than perhaps his wife and children. But I believe he hates Republicans. I suspect there is a large measure of racism in that hatred. Right now his most ardent desire is to humiliate the Republicans in the House. He did this in the first two years of his administration. There was his infamous remark: "I won you lost!"

16. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

I believe he was heard saying------something like-----let them ride in back of the bus

Cold blooded two faced hypocritical politician he is

17. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Obama made it clear he did not want to work with Republicans and never intended any compromise.

#17 Revmitchell, Dec 20, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2012
  18. FR7 Baptist

FR7 Baptist Active Member

The problem with Plan B is it only consists of revenue increases. There are no spending cuts in it, and we need a balanced plan. One big area of compromise is the level at which tax rates go up. Obama has gone to $400K, I could go to $500K if it also limited some deductions and pushed the debt ceiling ahead a year. We need to make cuts in both defense and non-defense spending. One specific cut I've mentioned is lowering the rate of increase in Social Security payments.

19. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Obama does not want any cuts made.

20. OldRegular

Obama has never made any serious attempt to cut spending. He has no intention of compromise with the Republicans in the mistaken belief that his re-election gives him dictatorial power. This is proven by his attempt to gain control of the debt ceiling. He has no intention of reducing the march toward bankruptcy. He really don't like this country!

In my opinion Boehner's plan puts the burden on the democrats. The taxes of 99+% of the people are unchanged. If the democrat senate fails to act they will be responsible for the taxes on all going up next year. If the Senate passes the Boehner plan and Obama vetoes then he will be responsible for everyone's taxes going up next year. If Plan B passes and I believe it will Boehner will be smart to adjourn the House and leave town. Let Obama and the democrats stew a while.

I predict that within a year or so most Americans, excluding the radical left, will be sick of Obama lecturing them with that arrogant smirk on his face.