1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

White House Web Site Becomes Pro-Abortion After Obama Takeover

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Ps104_33, Jan 21, 2009.

1. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

For me, it's just a seal on what we knew was coming and know is coming in the days ahead. It's not a big shock but a "well, here's step #1" kind of thing to me.

2. SeekingTruth

SeekingTruth Member

Talk about weasel wording. To say there was not a change from pro-life to pro-abortion because the original page was changed is weasel wording to the max. It is the same web site today as it was yesterday morning. It has the same address, and is probably running on the same computers. The White House is now pro-abortion. Candidate Obama said he would back abortionists and he is doing so. Members of this board who deny they support abortion, even though they helped put the Abortionist-in-Chief in office, should rethink their positionl.

For preachingjesus and others, I now fully understand what the term "blind guides" means. I respectfully suggest you should get a new login name, because in this instance you don't.

3. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Ah yes, all fails the ad hominem returns as the last recourse for solving disputes.

hehe...this place makes me laugh and cry all at the same time.

4. donnA

donnA Active Member

It depends on what kind of success, success at murdering more babies?

5. SeekingTruth

SeekingTruth Member

Not an ad hominem attack. I said nothing about you personally. I merely stated, and I stand by it, that the philosophy you are espousing on this board does not conform to the teachings of the One you claim to be preaching. By the way, that old canard about you don't support abortion, etc. does not hold water. Your actions belie your words.

6. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

It's also pro-life in planning to end the unjust war in Iraq.

7. sag38

sag38 Active Member

We just love red herring don't we? It's one thing for folks, even innocent ones, to die in war. It's quite another to murder a baby in its mother's womb. But, keep rationalizing and eating that herring.

8. preachinjesus

Site Supporter

It's interesting how one group will pick an issue an expound upon even when it isn't a centerpiece of the policy voiced in the website. Couple of quick facts:
    * The headlining legislation and policy section was on the economy and energy
    * The first act signed by President Obama was a day of Renewal and Reconciliation
    * In the section on "Women's Issues" there are 8 major sections and 27 subsections. There is 1 section on "Reproductive Rights" and the 2 subsections below say this:
    Supports a Woman's Right to Choose: President Obama understands that abortion is a divisive issue, and respects those who disagree with him. However, he has been a consistent champion of reproductive choice and will make preserving women's rights under Roe v. Wade a priority in his Adminstration. He opposes any constitutional amendment to overturn the Supreme Court's decision in that case.
    Preventing Unintended Pregnancy: President Obama was an original co-sponsor of legislation to expand access to contraception, health information, and preventive services to help reduce unintended pregnancies. Introduced in January 2007, the Prevention First Act will increase funding for family planning and comprehensive sex education that teaches both abstinence and safe sex methods. The Act will also end insurance discrimination against contraception, improve awareness about emergency contraception, and provide compassionate assistance to rape victims.
    (emphasis mine) This is HUGE, how do the exploiters miss this? President Obama is pursuing a national policy direction that will (as one part) teach abistence. I've never heard of a Democrat who has included that kind of language.
    * There are 24 major sections in President Obama's overall policy area. Each secton has many major sections and significant subsections.
    * Of these sections he is including major support for:
    - Israel and its defense
    - Combatting AIDS
    - Creating a policy of openness about matters pertaining to national security
    - Funding creation of sustainable renewable energy sources
    - Helping our economy (major section)
    - Helping working families
    * Included in President Obama's first acts were this idea of national renewal (which finds its roots in Christian worship) and imposing strict ethics requirements for his staff concerning lobbyists and pay. These are big things.

Like I've said before and I stand, I oppose abortion. There is no backtracking here and anyone who suggests that my character and Christian ministry is lacking is simply wrong and insulting. I don't agree with the President on this. That said I can support his larger initiatives while asking, humbly, for reconsideration this major issue.

I will also stand that Christians who will prate on this one issue can do so and are entitled. I believe that the Church can, and does, have a larger concern in our society than just this one issue. We need to see lives changed. No policy initiative will stop this practice until we can effectively reach people with the Gospel. The mislabeling of an entire administration as this thread is concerned with is wrongheaded and quite ridiculous because there are more issues out there than abortion.

#28 preachinjesus, Jan 21, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2009
  9. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

I don't think war and killing unborn babies are the same thing.

Even aside from that, Obama wants to step up the military for Afghanistan.

Obama is not an anti-war president, though his supporters act like he is.

10. preachinjesus

Site Supporter

I don't know you, and you don't know me. I'm fine with that. But you just lied about me. That is troublesome.

I don't support abortion. How can I be more clear. Not that it matters but I have worked with and continue to serve on boards of pregnancy resource centers, ministries for teen unwed mothers, and Christian adoption agencies. Not that it matters but I've served at the pleasure of my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ in roles that you can't begin to understand in helping women facing the crucial decision of life or death. There's more but it doesn't matter because this is a limited action environment.

It saddens me that you believe you can just lampoon and deride me without cause and put words into my mouth. If you had half the facts about me that you think you have you would see my life is different from your misleading caricature. I can't do anymore than this reply, frankly you don't deserve this much.

11. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

So one life is worth more than another life? What about the Jews killed in Hitler's death camps? Were their lives worth as much as the life of an unborn child? All life is precious in God's sight. I suggest you rethink your position on that.

12. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ==Not sure who you are responding to but I will reply anyway. Nobody is saying there was not a change from pro-life to pro-abortion, of course there was. The point I am making is that the current site is not the same website. O, it is the same url (etc) but it is different people and probably a brand new (fresh) program. So I guess in a very general way it is the same website but in a technical sense is a new website. The url www.whitehouse.gov now belongs to the President Obama administration. President Bush's website is gone.

#32 Martin, Jan 21, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2009
  13. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

I think this is a non-issue.

The issue is not that all life is precious but that God has decreed certain things as consequences such as in Gen 9. God also decreed for the nation of Israel a lot of executions for things like being a witch, adultery, taking pagan oaths, being disobedient and defiant to parents, etc. Does this mean God did not view life as "precious?" Of course not.

I don't think anyone is going to say that the Jews killed in the Holocaust are worth less than unborn babies. Who says that? Why bring that up? Btw, it was a war that stopped that killing and freed those still alive in the camps.

14. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You cannot vote for someone who will work to expand this holocaust and remain free from blame. If you are against both war and abortion then you should have no one to vote for to be consistent and credible.

15. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

It is for the most part. The democrat platform is pro murder of the unborn. O'bama takes the most extreme position posible on the murder of the unborn and the just born. I thought no one could be more extreme than democrat Barbara Boxer of Calefornia but O;bama is. Harry Reid is one of the few democrats in the Senate who is pro-life.

16. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

That was a just war. The war in Iraq is not.

17. OldRegular

Do you preach against abortion?

18. OldRegular

I pointed out on another thread that 6 million Jews were killed by the Nazi in WWII. There is a Holocaust museum in DC commemorating this event. In this country we have allowed the murder of 50 million unborn children since 1973. Where is the museum for this American Holocaust? Instead we have elected a president whose stated aim is to remove all restrictions on the murder of the unborn.

The only party that has tried to do anything to slow or impede this slaughter of the unborn is the Republican party. They are opposed routinely by the democrats and their lackeys.

19. OldRegular

Explain why WWII was a just war and the war in Iraq is not.

20. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Yea it was.:BangHead: