1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

White House Web Site Becomes Pro-Abortion After Obama Takeover

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Ps104_33, Jan 21, 2009.

1. SeekingTruth

SeekingTruth Member

Then, I do owe you an apology. I offer it now.

It seems I got you confused with someone else. What can I do but apologize.
    When I am in error, I admit it and apologize.

2. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

I don't have names on this particular board that said that. My statement was based on some christian's ability to vote for and support a candidate that supports murder. If they can support and vote for a politician that promotes an agenda of murder, then they obviously don't think it's a big deal.

You'll notice I didn't call names on my statement. I'm not here to point fingers. I have no idea who you voted for. I really have no idea who anyone on this board voted for. I'm not keeping a list over here of each time someone tells us who they voted for.

#62 matt wade, Jan 22, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2009
  3. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

"Big deal. He's a pro-choice democrat. You're sensationalizing something that doesn't mean that much."

Page #1 Post #5

4. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Post #7 sir...and you're deeply, deeply wrong.

#64 preachinjesus, Jan 22, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2009
  5. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And how was Saddam any different than Hitler?

Found in the public domain at : http://history1900s.about.com/od/saddamhussein/a/husseincrimes.htm

This is just one of a litany of intentional atrocities which Saddam and his sons committed.

True he didn't genocide 6 million but given enough time...

HankD

#65 HankD, Jan 23, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2009
  6. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Simple truth. It went from "W"'s positions to Obama's positions. Nothing unusual.

It changed like that in 2001 from Clinto to Bush.

Is this change tot he position of the new POTUS a SURPRISE to anyone? Or just more grandstanding?

7. preachinjesus

Site Supporter

You, sir, are certainly a gentleman and I appreciate your words. :)

8. preachinjesus

Site Supporter

The grandstanding, backbiting, and hypocrisy of some in this board saddens and sickens me. What makes it worse is that too many in our churches believe much of this too.

What are we expecting? Seriously? The new President to just let good ole George W hang around for another 4 years?

We have a new President, with that comes new challenges.

You know, ironically, when the transition happened between President Clinton to President Bush I didn't hear near as much complaints. ;)

9. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    You're right. Just mentioned that on another thread where whiners were complaining about Obama going to an eccumenical service with 20 denominations/religions.

George W did the same. So did Slick before him. But the outrage from conservatives is, of course, very parochial.

10. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

What is saddening and sickening is those who want to belittle any outrage over the slaughter of innocent children. We should all be outraged and outspoken. Sad you want to belittle this.

11. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

You are very right in your assessment. The bigger problem is if these 'conversatives' can't get out of the 'complain and whin' mode and get into a regroup mode, Obama will be elected again and the Democrats will just continue with their roll..

The real conseveratives can't wait until next year or two years from now to start to 'run' a campaigne. They need to start laying the ground work to getting back to their true roots now.

All this whinning and complainning will get us nothing in the long run..

12. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    How sad that you would think this, much lest post this. :(

We are talking about a fact of life. A new President puts up "his" position on the White House site, taking down the old. I certainly don't agree with 90% of BHO's positions. But for goodness sake, he has the RIGHT, yea, OBLIGATION to post them.

I hate the "save the whales and kill the babies" mentality of the liberals. Everyone here knows that. NO ONE is "belittling" this.

13. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Putting up pro murder positions on the peoples web site should bring outrage. Making attempts to reduce what it is by saying he is simply putting up his positions is a informal fallacy and belittling to those who are what they should be...outraged. You are doing that very thing.

14. preachinjesus

Site Supporter

:BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead:

oy vey

15. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

If one does not have a large family then how can that person claim to be pro life?

Ps. 127:4, 5, "Like arrows in the hand of a warrior, So are the children of one's youth. How blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them; They will not be ashamed."

16. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

My outrage on this is no matter who the president is. I could not care less who the president is when you have prayers to false gods in a building built in the name of Jesus Christ. I'm surprised this does not bother Christians.

Just because it's the National Cathedral and part of the liberal Episcopal Church does not excuse such blasphemy.

God tells us that honoring false gods is worship of demons. This happened at the Nat'l Cathedral in '07 when the Dalai Lama was here and they had Tibetan Buddhist rituals there (Tibetan Buddhism is extremely occultic and evil - I used to be involved in it), and again this week. If it happened before a thousand times, that does not make it okay - ever.

They sacrificed to demons who were not God, To gods whom they have not known, New gods who came lately,Whom your fathers did not dread. Deut. 32.17

No, but I say that the things which the Gentiles sacrifice, they sacrifice to demons and not to God; and I do not want you to become sharers in demons. 1 Cor. 10:20

#76 Marcia, Jan 23, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2009
  17. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Outrage is good if it is directed at evil. I agree with your outrage at ALL false religions and at evil policies. Some are not consistent; lauding Bush and condemning Obama or Clinton for the exact same practices.

18. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

What disturbs me even more is how many "good" churches are nothing more than good. They have good programs with good music and good buildings. They have good preaching while the person are ineffective and are afraid to say anything about Christ. When I was in seminary, the SBC would tell us that that about 10% of the people shared their faith with any kind of regularity while 11% of the pastors did. The last survey report I read from the SBC stated that 2/3 of the men in theology did not want to be pastors but reach people in other ways.

Anyone who reads the SBC news knows that about 2/3 of their churches are plateaued or dying. That is quite close to dead. It is very hard to do something about what the world does, but those preaching from the pulpits in churches can lead in such a way that the people are discipled and held acccountable.

I am convinced that we would be very surprised if we really knew what was going on in the homes of church members each week.

If we do not take care of our own house first then how can we complain about our neighbor?

19. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This thread has been an "eyeopener".

HankD

20. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Dr. Bob, when have I ever lauded Bush?? Your remark is pointless because it does not apply to me.