1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

White parents with daughters . . .

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by billwald, Apr 28, 2008.

1. Samuel Owen

Samuel Owen New Member

Well the Bible teaches we will reap of the crop, our sins have sown. America is reaping the crop of trading in flesh, it is guilty of. The feelings that exist here are not one sided, I will assure you of that.

Hidden behind the curtain of Political, and Social correctness, segregation exists today as much as it has ever existed. Don't let anyone tell you different. From that! even this present question arises.

#61 Samuel Owen, May 9, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2008
  2. CarpentersApprentice

I don't think I'd mind, but... then... two of our kids are girls from Sierra Leone.

CA

3. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Do you really think that cross-cultural marriages are the "reaping the results of sin?"

I trust that I have read you wrongly here.

4. rbell

rbell Active Member

Do what?

When one types this response on this particular subject, it becomes difficult for me to not make some pretty quick judgements...

So, Samuel...are you saying that interracial marriage is a sin? Yes or no...

5. rbell

rbell Active Member

This type of analogy was used by white folk to keep blacks out of their church for years.

Shameful.

6. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

Nothing like a little "closet racism" interspersed through a thread to start off a good weekend. :rolleyes:

Ed

7. Cutter

Cutter New Member

In answer to the OP, no.

8. billwald

billwald New Member

Another 40 years and skin color will not matter because it doesn't matter to the kids now in school. We are self-segregating on the basis of ambition, IQ, and education into a blue/white collar worker caste and a managerial/high tech caste.

9. Samuel Owen

Samuel Owen New Member

I think I have yet to see such a group of people, as I see here. Who are so quick to twist every statement made, into something not said. Either that! or you have the least understanding, of anyone I have yet to meet.

In no way am I trying to make any racial remarks, I may have problems with ones lifestyle, that includes anybody, but not their race. I have a Mexican son-in-law, and BLack one also, did you hear me complain.

I was simply pointing out the problems the children of such marriages have, in a county of such understanding, as I have seen here.

Simply put the racial tensions, that exist here, and do not elsewhere. Are the product of the sins of our forbearers, who are guilty in the trading of the flesh of their fellow man.

10. queenbee

queenbee Member

Yes, Samuel, I understand and you make some valid points. Your grandkids must be pretty confused/hurt at times, but I'll bet you love them to death nonetheless. It's easy for folks to twist things around, especially if they don't take the trouble to read things twice and phrase proper questions first before leaping in with assumptions/conclusions when they post. (I've done it myself - geesh! imagine that :D ). I think there's a famous quote in there somewhere - will have to go looking for it.

Just wanted you to know in case you felt you were being ganged up on.

11. bibleman89

bibleman89 New Member

I will let the Word of God answer for me,
    Act 17:26 And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;

12. billwald

billwald New Member

Act 17:26 And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;

Back then they didn't know about blood types and Rh factors.

13. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

God didn't know about blood types and Rh factors?

14. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I may be wrong, but I think his meaning was that people did not know about blood types. However, it is one blood in the sense that all human blood types are human. [That is a given.]

15. Mike McK

Mike McK New Member

In all fairness, from what I see going on in black churches, what black people want from their church is so radically different than ours that I don't think they'd want to be a part of it.

As it is, we welcome anyone to visit and anyone who has a sound salvation testimony, has been baptised, and has gone through the various classes and counseling, to join.

But our church is so radically culturally different, I just can't imagine a black person wanting to go.

16. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

Most churches around here, in my neck of the woods are varying shades of "red" or white. Those are the most common colors for bricks, and for "siding" or painted wood or concrete blocks. Other colors, including "gray", "yellow" or "tan" are found sometimes, as well.

However, I am not familiar with any of the 75 plus churches, in my county, or the few hundreds I routinely see in any of the surrounding counties that are "black". :rolleyes:

Ed

#76 EdSutton, May 13, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2008
  17. billwald

billwald New Member

People who want to attend multiracial congregations do attend multiracial congregations. Nothing is stopping anyone.

18. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well said BB My feeling exactly.
    MB

19. rbell

rbell Active Member

I have no idea what you're trying to say.

I would hope that true Christians have the mindset that the church they attend is open to everyone. Some churches might only consist of one ethnicity because of the demographics. But there are many, unfortunately, that exist that way because others are not welcome.

Thankfully, I believe the number of those churches are diminishing every year. God will not bless a church that puts limits based on skin color as to who can come.

20. Mike McK

Mike McK New Member

You should come to our neck of the woods. They're all over the place.