1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Whitehouse threatens Woodward

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Revmitchell, Feb 27, 2013.

1. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

If it is true that he was threatened, I think it reveals a certain lack of judgement in the WH. After all, did they really think that after Watergate he would go away quietly so easily?

2. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

So what should we expect from a Chicago hoodlum?

3. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Now National Journal reporter Ron Fournier -- whom I believe to be a liberal in good standing with his paperwork in order -- drops this tidbit:

As editor-in-chief of National Journal, I received several e-mails and telephone calls from this White House official filled with vulgarity, abusive language, and virtually the same phrase that Woodward called a veiled threat. “You will regret staking out that claim,” The Washington Post reporter was told.

Once I moved back to daily reporting this year, the badgering intensified. I wrote Saturday night, asking the official to stop e-mailing me. The official wrote, challenging Woodward and my tweet. “Get off your high horse and assess the facts, Ron,” the official wrote.

I wrote back:

“I asked you to stop e-mailing me. All future e-mails from you will be on the record -- publishable at my discretion and directly attributed to you. My cell-phone number is … . If you should decide you have anything constructive to share, you can try to reach me by phone. All of our conversations will also be on the record, publishable at my discretion and directly attributed to you.” I haven’t heard back from the official. It was a step not taken lightly because the note essentially ended our working relationship.

Given that Woodward is now being called old and brokedown by David Pflouffe, and the Juicebox Mafia has picked up the "senile" message they're putting out there... I would in fact say efforts are being made to insure Woodward "regrets" having correctly reported Obama's ownership of the sequester.

http://www.breitbart.com/InstaBlog/...e-WH-and-the-Same-You-Will-Regret-This-Threat

4. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

If the previous President had a staff member do this, the Obama supporters on this board would be leading the charge to have him impeached/burned in effigy/whatever they thought they could get away with. This President's staff does it and it's all "yawn, ho-hum, move along, nothing to see here".

Obama supporters, when you lick the President's boots clean, is he satisfied if you clean the tops of them, or does he make you do the soles too?

5. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Another member of the Washington political media stepped forward Thursday to claim he was threatened by the Obama White House, shortly after the White House denied reports that an adviser threatened famed Watergate journalist Bob Woodward.

The latest claim comes from Lanny Davis, who served as counsel to former President Bill Clinton and later went on to write a column for The Washington Times. In a radio interview on WMAL, Davis said that a "senior Obama White House official" once called his editor at the Times and said that if the paper continued to run his columns, "his reporters would lose their credentials."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...-watergate-journalist-woodward/#ixzz2MErm0ZTY

6. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It appears with each passing day another member of the media is coming out to share unpleasant treatment at the hands of Barack Obama and Company.

On Thursday, in an appearance on NewsMaxTV's Steve Malzberg Show, former Newsweek senior editor Jonathan Alter said that in 2008, Robert Gibbs sent him an "abusive email" as a result of an article he wrote about Obama and disinvited him to a dinner the candidate was holding for reporters in Berlin (choppy audio follows with transcript and commentary):
    - See more at: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-s...busive-email-article-i-w#sthash.XNJhapb9.dpuf

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-s...nt-me-abusive-email-article-i-w#ixzz2MEyzPRNI

7. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

Keep you wide-eyed fanatics to yourself :laugh:

8. Jedi Knight

Jedi Knight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Theses guys lack a whole lot of that my friend!:smilewinkgrin: