1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Who are the Aliens and what did it mean for them?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by psalms109:31, Feb 9, 2010.

1. psalms109:31

psalms109:31 Active Member

Exodus 12:48
    43 The LORD said to Moses and Aaron, "These are the regulations for the Passover:
    "No foreigner is to eat of it. 44 Any slave you have bought may eat of it after you have circumcised him, 45 but a temporary resident and a hired worker may not eat of it.

46 "It must be eaten inside one house; take none of the meat outside the house. Do not break any of the bones. 47 The whole community of Israel must celebrate it.

48 "An alien living among you who wants to celebrate the LORD's Passover must have all the males in his household circumcised; then he may take part like one born in the land. No uncircumcised male may eat of it. 49 The same law applies to the native-born and to the alien living among you."

Who are aliens among them and want did it mean for the family by faith to do what God ask them to do?

2. menageriekeeper

menageriekeeper Active Member

The aliens were simply people of non-Jewish blood. Some lived with the Jews, but didn't worship with them, others were simply people who happened to be around at the time of the Passover.

Circumsion was the sign that a man and his household worshipped the great I AM. In other words they accepted the faith and practice of the Jews and thus accepted the promises of God. Bascially they became Jewish, though they weren't of the original 12 tribes.

3. psalms109:31

Passover

So did God provide a way for gentiles long before the cross? Do you think that a non Jew that saw what the Jews did with covering the door with blood of a sacrifice to save thier eldest son from dying and would God grant it to them?

4. menageriekeeper

menageriekeeper Active Member

Of course. There has always been a way to God for every man. Before the Law, there were still those who worshipped the True God. During the period of the Law, the Law was a marker of sorts to point the whole world towards God.

The first passover. Yes, I believe that those "aliens" who believed in God and followed the provisioning of God would indeed have had their eldest saved. We aren't told of any of those cases, so it is possible there weren't any in that time and place.

Remember, the plagues, including the last and worst, only occured in Egypt. Other places weren't included in God's judgement.

5. psalms109:31

Old testiment

The old testament is really about Israel and their relationship to God. They don't talk about gentiles to much unless it concerned them.

So anything is guessing, but to me them wanted to be apart of it, is because some how they were effected by it.

Amos 3:7
    7 Surely the Sovereign LORD does nothing
    without revealing his plan
    to his servants the prophets.

Romans 16:

25Now to him who is able to establish you by my gospel and the proclamation of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery hidden for long ages past, 26but now revealed and made known through the prophetic writings by the command of the eternal God, so that all nations might believe and obey him— 27to the only wise God be glory forever through Jesus Christ! Amen.

#5 psalms109:31, Feb 11, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2010
  6. psalms109:31

Romans 1:16
    I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Ephesians 1:13And you also were included in Christ when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation. Having believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit,

7. psalms109:31

Dispensionalist

I was reading the theology Dispensionalist and this is what I wanted to talk about after reading it. I was hoping to hear from some of them.

Was their grace in the Law period?

Could the Church period be before Acts 2 which was hidden and then revealed at that time?

I do pray every day that God will remove all man made doctrine veils and let me see only His word

#7 psalms109:31, Feb 12, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2010
  8. BJWester

BJWester New Member

Saved Gentiles in the OT

There were people in the OT that became part of the Jewish nation. Two of the more famous ones were Rahab and Ruth.

Both of which ended up being in the direct lineage of Christ.