1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Who are the Children of promise ?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by savedbymercy, Jun 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Gal 4:28

Now we[Believers], brethren, as Isaac was, are the children of promise.

Rom 9:8

That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

Believers are the Seed ! And as Isaac was promised to Abraham, so were these believers , Abraham's Spiritual Offspring, Promised to Him when God said this Gen 17:2,5

2And I will make my covenant between me and thee, and will multiply thee exceedingly.

5Neither shall thy name any more be called Abram, but thy name shall be Abraham; for a father of many nations have I made thee.

Now the Children of promise are all those Justified by Faith. Paul speaking about Elect jews, spoke of the Law [Mosaic] as being a School Master [to the Election of Grace in National Israel] Gal 3:24

24Wherefore the law was our[Believers] schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

God had promised Abraham a Justified seed, that God would Justify them [The Seed] by or through Faith Gal 3:8

8And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.

Also the same Promise is here Isa 45:25

In the LORD shall all the seed of Israel be justified, and shall glory.

Now this Promise God gave to Abraham " In thee shall all Nations be blessed" was the Gospel, A Promise, and it had to do with God Justifying the Heathen by Faith, this Promise corresponds with Abraham having been made a Father of many Nations, which was told Abraham in Gen 17:5, So therefore all whom are Justified by Faith, are evidences of God's promise to Abraham being fulfilled, in giving Abraham, as He gave Isaac, Children of Promise, so Paul says in Gal 3:7

7Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham.

And had been promised to Him as Isaac was !

2. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

More on Believers being the Children of Promise !

Now this Promise God gave to Abraham " In thee shall all Nations be blessed" was the Gospel, A Promise, and it had to do with God Justifying the Heathen by Faith, this Promise corresponds with Abraham having been made a Father of many Nations, which was told Abraham in Gen 17:5, So therefore all whom are Justified by Faith, are evidences of God's promise to Abraham being fulfilled, in giving Abraham, as He gave Isaac, Children of Promise, so Paul says in Gal 3:7

7Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham.

And had been promised to Him as Isaac was !

God had told Abraham that He was going to multiply him Gen 17:2-4

2And I will make my covenant between me and thee, and will multiply thee exceedingly.

3And Abram fell on his face: and God talked with him, saying,

4As for me, behold, my covenant is with thee, and thou shalt be a father of many nations.

Now notice God said to him in vs 4 " Thou shalt be a Father of many nations" Thats how God was going to multiply him by giving him a spiritual seed of Faith in all nations Gal 3:8

8And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.

Now Folks when God says He will do something, it shall be done. It's His Promise, which is never conditioned on the will of man, but solely on His power and word of promise Ps 33:9

For he spake, and it was done; he commanded, and it stood fast.

Just like the promise of Isaac to Abraham ! This multiplying of Abraham was not his physical seed, his children according to the flesh, but his Children of Faith [ Gal 3:7] which of course is a Spiritual Seed, for Faith is a fruit of the Spirit. It should be pointed out, that Abram's name change to Abraham in Gen 17:5, is in regards to this Covenant Promise of a Spiritual Seed in all Nations Gen 17:5. The Promise of Justification by Faith is given to all this seed, and so Paul writes in Rom 4:13-16

13For the promise, that he should be the heir of the world, was not to Abraham, or to his seed, through the law, but through the righteousness of faith.

14For if they which are of the law be heirs, faith is made void, and the promise made of none effect:

15Because the law worketh wrath: for where no law is, there is no transgression.

16Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all, [Jew and Gentile Believers are the Seed Gal 3:29]

3. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

SBM,
    Please stop resurrecting old threads. If you want to start a topic on a similar topic then do so. This one is from February. It is almost April. It will be closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.