1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Who are the Tares ?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by savedbymercy, Jul 21, 2011.

1. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Who are the Tares ? They are the children of the devil Matt 13:38

38The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one;

And these are not Loved but hated by God Ps 5:5

5The foolish shall not stand in thy sight: thou hatest all workers of iniquity.

These be they that Jesus will say this to Matt 7:22-23

22Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

They are what scripture also calls the reprobate 2 Cor 13:5

Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

The word reprobate is the greek word adokimos:

not standing the test, not approved

a) properly used of metals and coins

2) that which does not prove itself such as it ought

a) unfit for, unproved, spurious, reprobate

It means to be rejected, for it is translated rejected here

Heb 6:8

8But that which beareth thorns and briers is rejected, and is nigh unto cursing; whose end is to be burned.

Jeremiah 6:30

Reprobate silver shall men call them, because the LORD hath rejected them.

These tares or reprobates exist due to the Longsuffering of God Rom 9:22

What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:

They are the planting or sowing of satan into the world for the purpose of opposing the things of God and to counterfeit them Matt 13:25,39

25But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way.

39The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels.

These were given being to exist simply to demonstrate the Wrath and Power of God Rom 9:22

God made them for His Specific purpose of which He will receive the Glory for. Prov 16:4

4The LORD hath made all things for himself: yea, even the wicked[The Tares] for the day of evil.

Rom 9:22What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath[Tares] fitted to destruction:

God will get Glory out of their destruction, much like He did at the destruction of their Type Pharaoh. Remember the Song of Moses after his destruction and his army ?

God gets Honor out of the destruction of the reprobates Ex 14:17-18

17And I, behold, I will harden the hearts of the Egyptians, and they shall follow them: and I will get me honour upon Pharaoh, and upon all his host, upon his chariots, and upon his horsemen.

18And the Egyptians shall know that I am the LORD, when I have gotten me honour upon Pharaoh, upon his chariots, and upon his horsemen.

That same word for Honour is rendered Glorify !

Now after witnessing the destruction of the enemies of God's Chosen People read the Song of Moses and how it was to the Glory of God Ex 15 and this is typified of the destruction of the tares at the end of this age Rev 15:1-3

1And I saw another sign in heaven, great and marvellous, seven angels having the seven last plagues; for in them is filled up the wrath of God.

2And I saw as it were a sea of glass mingled with fire: and them that had gotten the victory over the beast, and over his image, and over his mark, and over the number of his name, stand on the sea of glass, having the harps of God.

3And they sing the song of Moses the servant of God, and the song of the Lamb, saying, Great and marvellous are thy works, Lord God Almighty; just and true are thy ways, thou King of saints.

God made them the Tares, Reprobates, Goats, Non Elect for this Purpose,that He may Get Honour from their just destruction !

2. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

The Tares!

The tares or the children of the devil or the wicked one are also under the Sovereign control of Christ as well as the Wheat or His Sheep, His Church Jn 17:2

2As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.

over all flesh means over both the Sheep and the goats or both the Wheat and the tares or The Children of God and the Children of the devil. Eph 1:22

22And hath put all things [To include all flesh] under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church,

This word Head denotes His governing and disposing of the spirits of men, all men to include the tares, again they exist for His Purpose and for the good of His Church.

Christ governs the wicked in ordaining and restraining their evil to accomplish His Purpose, whatever evil not needed for His purpose, He restrains Ps 76:10

10Surely the wrath of man shall praise thee: the remainder of wrath shalt thou restrain.

I believe God does permit evil, but only that evil He has determined it to occur in the First Place. Take Job for example, God permitted Satan such leave against Job, but God governed it and exercised His authority over satan in what he could or could not do to Job. So even God's permitting evil has God still as its First Cause, and Job understood that by such comment as this one as He received the terrible news of things happening to Him Job 1:

20Then Job arose, and rent his mantle, and shaved his head, and fell down upon the ground, and worshipped,

21And said, Naked came I out of my mother's womb, and naked shall I return thither: the LORD gave, and the LORD hath taken away; blessed be the name of the LORD.

22In all this Job sinned not, nor charged God foolishly.

And this comment Job 2:10

10But he said unto her, Thou speakest as one of the foolish women speaketh. What? shall we receive good at the hand of God, and shall we not receive evil? In all this did not Job sin with his lips.

You see that ? Job stated that even though secondary causes had been utilized, that He received evil from THE HAND OF GOD !

The Hand of God denotes God's Sovereignty ! Even when his health was affected, Job understood it was God.. So God does not permit any evil that His determinate counsel was not the first cause of. That goes for moral evil as well. Where not the sabeans that took from job morally wrong ? Thou shalt not steal ! Was not therefore their thievery ordained of God ? It does not matter what evil occurs, its in agreement with and aligned with God's Eternal Purpose even if we don't see how. No evil that happens can even begin to thwart or Change God's Eternal purpose, but only fulfills it. There are things that were possible to happen, but which did not happen because they would have interfered with God's predetermined purpose for His Chosen, for example 1 Sam 23:11-13

11Will the men of Keilah deliver me up into his hand? will Saul come down, as thy servant hath heard? O LORD God of Israel, I beseech thee, tell thy servant. And the LORD said, He will come down.

12Then said David, Will the men of Keilah deliver me and my men into the hand of Saul? And the LORD said, They will deliver thee up.

13Then David and his men, which were about six hundred, arose and departed out of Keilah, and went whithersoever they could go. And it was told Saul that David was escaped from Keilah; and he forbare to go forth.

This is a slight digression, however I wanted to make the point that God controls all men even the wicked tares..

3. Skandelon

Skandelon <b>Moderator</b>

Your statements give the impression that you believe that there are some born "tares," "children of the devil," "objects of wrath," and who will remain so until death and damnation without hope of reconciliation.

Truth is, that all are born as children of the devil and objects of wrath as ones under the curse of sin, however the good news is that God has provided the means by which we may be saved and has sent an appeal to all mankind to be reconciled to Him. Only those who refuse to love this truth and so be saved will perish as "tares" in the fire. (2 Thess 2:10)

4. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

skan:

I don't believe that, neither does the bible teach it. None of God's Children, even in their fallen state in Adam are Children of the devil.

Also none for whom Christ died can ever be under any curse whatsoever. Christ through His Death alone redeemed all for whom He died from the curse of the Law being made a curse for them. Gal 3:13

13Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

Now, how did He redeem them from the curse of the Law ? By being made a curse for them. Not anything they did.

One last thing. Yes the Elect are BY Nature Children of wrath even as others, but thats not the same as being a child of the devil.

Being a Child of wrath has to do with our walk before regenerated or born again, our behaviour, a sheep gone astray, but still a sheep, never a goat.

Eph 2:1-3

1And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;

2Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:

3Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.

So you need to show me in scripture where the elect of God were ever under any curse for sin or they were once the children of the devil..Neither were the elect ever under God's wrath, Judicial wrath, simply because Christ was under it for them.

5. Skandelon

1 As for you, you were dead in your transgressions and sins, 2 in which you used to live when you followed the ways of this world and of the ruler of the kingdom of the air, the spirit who is now at work in those who are disobedient. 3 All of us also lived among them at one time, gratifying the cravings of our sinful nature and following its desires and thoughts. Like the rest, we were by nature objects of wrath.
    - Paul

6. Skandelon

"All who rely on observing the law are under a curse" - Paul, someone who under the name of "Saul" relied on observing the law, prior to BECOMING a Child of God.

Whose child was he prior to being adopted as God's child?

7. billwald

billwald New Member

The tares are those who don't produce good works.

8. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Tares, God ordained them to certain condemnation !

All the Tares have been of old ordained to certain condemnation Per Jude 1:4

4For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ. This word condemnation is the greek word

krima:

a decree, judgments

2) judgment

a) condemnation of wrong, the decision (whether severe or mild) which one passes on the faults of others

b) in a forensic sense

1) the sentence of a judge

2) the punishment with which one is sentenced

3) condemnatory sentence, penal judgment, sentence

3) a matter to be judicially decided, a lawsuit, a case in court

It is the same word used in James 3:1

1My brethren, be not many masters, knowing that we shall receive the greater condemnation.

It is also the word damnation the Lord uses here Matt 23:14

14Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye devour widows' houses, and for a pretence make long prayer: therefore ye shall receive the greater damnation.

You see that ? Jesus said it with certainty about these, They shall receive greater damnation. Later He says to the same group vs 32-33

32Fill ye up then the measure of your fathers.

33Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?

Now, none of the elect can ever be fall under this Judicial condemnation spoken of in Jude 1:4 because none for whom Christ died for can. This Judgment or condemnation was bore by Christ for all He died for, so these here in Jude 1:4 cannot be anyone That Christ died for. So they are the Tares whom God before old decreed that they be condemned and a greater condemnation because they are False Teachers. See James 3:1

9. Skandelon

This opens up the discussion regarding the decrees of God and the distinction between God's "decretive decrees" and his "permissive decrees." God may permit man's sin and subsequent condemnation by his decree, but he doesn't even tempt men to sin, much less cause it by a decretive decree.

10. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

appointed to unbelief !

The Tares are those whom God before the world began appointed them to unbelief or disobedience to the Gospel of Christ. 1 Pet 2:7-8

7Unto you therefore which believe he is precious: but unto them which be disobedient, the stone which the builders disallowed, the same is made the head of the corner,

8And a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offence, even to them which stumble at the word, being disobedient: whereunto also they were appointed.

The word disobedient here is the greek word apeitheĊ:

not to allow one's self to be persuaded

a) to refuse or withhold belief

b) to refuse belief and obedience

2) not to comply with

Its used as unbelieving in Acts 14:2

2But the unbelieving Jews stirred up the Gentiles, and made their minds evil affected against the brethren.

The jews in the context of 1 Pet 2:8 were appointed by God not to believe in Christ for Salvation. Thats because Jesus did not die for the Tares.

Also it says He was made a stumbling Stone, made for that purpose, to cause some to stumble. This was even prophesied Isa 8:14

14And he shall be for a sanctuary; but for a stone of stumbling and for a rock of offence to both the houses of Israel, for a gin and for a snare to the inhabitants of Jerusalem.

Its stated in Lk 2:34

34And Simeon blessed them, and said unto Mary his mother, Behold, this child is set for the fall and rising again of many in Israel; and for a sign which shall be spoken against;

This word set is the greek word keimai and means:

to be (by God's intent) set, i.e. destined, appointed

So its no way around it, the scriptures teach that some had been appointed by God to disobedience or unbelief in regards to the Person and Work of Jesus Christ, and God did this on purpose. It is clearly here stated in regards to the jews, but it can be applied to the gentiles as well.

11. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Isn't the point that in the end the tares will be handled by God? Instead of spending time identifying tares, why don't you tend to the wheat, leave the tare situation to God, he never gets it wrong

12. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

He determined to leave them in their sins !

The tares are that portion of mankind that God did not choose in Christ before the world began, and so, though decreeing their existence into this world, did not determine to convert them from their sins, but determined to leave them in to justly perish in them.

In John 12 Jesus speaks of some that God was against their conversion Jn 12:39-40

39Therefore they could not believe, because that Esaias said again,

40He hath blinded their eyes, and hardened their heart; that they should not see with their eyes, nor understand with their heart, and be converted, and I should heal them.

Believing is part of conversion, and it's through God's Grace Acts 18:27

27And when he was disposed to pass into Achaia, the brethren wrote, exhorting the disciples to receive him: who, when he was come, helped them much which had believed through grace:

This Grace to believe is denied the Tares because Christ death was not for them, if it was, then they would be healed by it as Peter writes 1 Pet 2:24

Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed. See also Isa 53:5

The Healing here is Spiritual and denotes conversion to God. God designs not the conversion of the Tares but that they should be punished for their sins, after all they are the vessels of wrath being prepared for destruction, and that everlasting 2 Thess 1:9

Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;

13. billwald

billwald New Member

Go2 -

Many on this list are more concerned about seeing people they don't like in Hell than in trusting God to do what is right. Will they be surprised!